Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the SF Bay Area interested in Benelli might want to check out the January issue of CityBike magazine. The front cover has a photo of my Tre and the center spread is an article I wrote about the bike, along with a few pics of me riding it. This all came about quite by random, I rode the bike down to an event at a local shop, and the editor of this magazine happened to walk up and start asking me about the bike and taking pictures (LOTs of people were asking me about it). I didn't know him, but he asked for my card and later emailed me and asked if I would be interested in writing an article for him. Kinda cool to see it in print :D
mark
'05 Tre #11 (US)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
YOU POSTING?

Are you gonna post the article or a link to it so we can gaze at your ped?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: YOU POSTING?

Hey Mark, how's your Tre? How are you? Nice write up on the Tre. Hopefully it would bring more business to the handful of vendors here in the States that support Benelli.

Remember we talked about SV650s a while back in another thread... I asked about the Michelin Pilot Powers. And there was another thread in this forum with someone giving high praise to Mich Pilot. Well my newly upgraded SV is running really well now, I like everything about it except for the Michelin Pilot Powers... I hate to say it... I like the Dunlop D208 better.

I tried to get used to Pilots. They stick pretty good. I like the rear. And they do warm up faster than they used to. I do not like the front's profile. The feeling is not gradual; when the front wants to go, it goes! And, IMHO, I prefer the feel of the Dunlop better.

My SV now has a Gixxer 1000 front, a better rear shock setup. It's quite a bit of new stuff to sort through on the track but I couldn't wait to switch back to Dunlop.

Well my Tre is due for new tires soon... and I think I'm sticking with the Dunlops....

Went to the Supercross at Anaheim this weekend, James Stewart was amazing. Don't know if anyone follows AMA MX or SX here on this forum. But I can't wait till the National outdoors... hopefully the races would be more interesting now... just like MotoGP, hopefully in 06 it will not be the Rossi show...eventhough I LOVE Rossi!!!... but I would love to see some racing action in the front pack...

okay I'm babbling... 8o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great article there, it really tells people what the benelli is all about. Interesting to hear you talk about your SV Tobychi. I had one which I would trackday loads. It had all the crazy bits like your including a 916 fairing and lights and 750 JHS Kit. I found the same with the tyres on that bike even though id rate the michelins as a better tyre - I put it down to different bikes prefering dofferent profiles/componds. I also found the Pirelli's (track/fast road model) were steep up front and would leave little margain for error where's the dunlops would give a little more feel. I havn't tried any new tyres on my Tre yet but will be changing my tired 207RR's with some Pirelli Super Corsa's or even better the Metzler Rennsport's. I ran them on my mille all of this summer and thought they stuck like sh*t to a blanket!, dispite some people saying these tyres dont build enough heat on the road. As for the MX totally agree I've just givin up the sport and cant get enough on TV etc but us Brit's get it a few months after you guys. Still Moto GP is only just around the corner :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Toby, the Tre is fantastic - over 2000 miles on it now, and I just love it. I'm thinking about changing the gearing, maybe adding 3-4 teeth to the rear sprocket. It's geared sorta tall, hell, I hit an indicated 108mph at redline in SECOND gear on Sunday!
Glad you guys liked the article, I wasn't sure how it would read but so far I've gotten good feedback.
As for SV's, my race bike is an SV650, I run Michelin slicks on it, and yes, the front profile is steeper than the Dunlop, but I like it, it turns in really easy. I've had more issues with the rear spinning up coming out of turns than I have with controlling the front. I can't try the Pilot Powers on it because I can't yet get a 160 for the rear (4.5" CBR600F3 rear wheel).
Dean, I have a '00 Mille-R that I still love. What year is yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts