Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nelli returns from the Russ meister tomorrow after her latest visit home to Barnsley. Fingers crossed the dreaded stalling does not return, or is at least as intermittent as everyone elses seems to be! If not I will have to accept she hates me as shes done 100 miles without missing a beat up there! Maybe she just likes it oop north?

Wish me luck ppl :rolleyes:

Col

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Col its the wind in Brum.
I had the same fault.
Russ had her fixed her and then she never stalled for him......BUT
within a few miles of her being used on Brum roads, she cut out stalled ....this realy ****ed me off,

so I statred to change the way I change gear and riding stile ,,today its a lot better and dies occasionally untill Sunday, :bawl: :bawl:

She died and would not restart so was recovered and taken back by Streetbike in Halesowen, she may have to go back up north..

Mine was origenally last Sunday on route to Street bike to have a new cluch basket fitted and alternator gear...warrenty work.:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
She died and would not restart so was recovered and taken back by Streetbike in Halesowen, she may have to go back up north..
Hi Jurek,

Streetbike on Mucklows hill ? are they Benelli dealers? :confused:, one of the ex directors from there has just re-opend the Mart in Kidderminster

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi no they do Suzuki and Yamaha but they think they can replace the clutch basket and alternator drive using my workshop manual.

It should be within their ability I hope. But not sure about sorting the break down on Sunday, will find out tonight I hope.

Got a 57 Busa to play with untill fixed.

Is the Mart in Kidderminster a big shop with lots of bikes?

I am looking for a lowered sports bike for my wife. she has a 27"leg Just incase some one is listeing.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep bizarre Jurek thats exactly my story. Been in with Russ 3 times for it now and each time they do a few miles on it without problems and then as soon as I get it back its the same. Cant say I am hopeful it will be resolved but you never know. If not I will have to take a view on just how bad it is, as before its been so bad as to make it difficult to ride around it. If its too bad I think i will have to cut my losses and get rid as its done more miles with Russ than I have done I think! :doh:

·
Registered
380 Posts
May be we could meet up over he weekend , and go for a ride and then swap bikes and see if the problem still coninues.
We both could be having the same problem .
I live in Edgbaston.
Not sure if I shall have my bike back this weekend but for sure the following weekend unless you dont mind a go on a 57 Hyabusa .

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok this weekend is out for me due to work, but we should definitely meet up soon. I am only in Shirley so not far from you.

Col

·
Registered
380 Posts
I work in Hall Green op The Three Magpies.

Have you done your IAM test ( Advanced Rider Test I belong to BAM we meet at Tally Ho Police center first Wednesday of each month, fancy popping along, I promise a good and informative night out.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work in Hall Green op The Three Magpies.

Have you done your IAM test ( Advanced Rider Test I belong to BAM we meet at Tally Ho Police center first Wednesday of each month, fancy popping along, I promise a good and informative night out.
Ah interesting... you ride with the Birmingham group? I went for an assessed ride with them late last year and have all the forms with the intention of doing it at some point. Will take you up on that. PM me when the next one is due and I will see if I can make it. Works a bit crazy at the mo so not all evenings are my own but would like to get it done this year for sure.

Col

·
Registered
380 Posts
Next one wednesday 6 February at 8.00 can meet you their and introduce you. :hiya:
We have weekly sat and sunday runs from McDonalds on the Coventy Road by the Blues ground at 10 am in winter.
You will become so much faster and progresive an all conditions of road and weather, trained to Police standard. :gulp:

Cant be difficult I done it.:rolling: :rolling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts