Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ele: Well I finally got my MV after an agonising wait, what she like? Well I am currently making some notes and will post them soon.

My other half, son Damien, his other half Donna and Colin came along to share my experience and after the hand over she was mine!:jig:

I got her home and what do you think Colin and I done to her?............................. Stripped her of her clothes and started taking off all the plastic crap of her and dressed her in some nice shiney carbon fibre. Air ducts, (had to modded to fit the air flow meter, well nuts and grills), key guard, heel plates, exhaust heat shield, lower radiator guard, upper and lower chain guards. You would not believe how easy it was to take the fairing off, a dozen dzus fasteners and hey presto the complete lower fairings and belly pan are off! To take the upper faiing off was just a matter of undoing a couple of allen bolts, a quick lift and tug and away she came.

A big thank you goes to Colin for helping me as he stayed until she was finished and left at about 21.45hrs!!:bow: :clap:

I am just about to remove the seat and send it off for recovering in nice red suede. The all I have to do then is replace the injector covers with carbon (on order) and fit my tail tidy and new indictors, job done!!!

I have been taking photos of her transformation and will host them soon.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Nice one Lloyd:bow: I couldn't be happier for you buddy. I can't wait to see this baby in the flesh. FFS just watch what you're doing when you're on her will you:D

Al;)

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guy's, I have to say I was a wee nervous when I picked her up as it is the first time I have ridden a sports bike properly since my accident. Every time a vehicle came steaming up towards me at junction I hesitated. That will soon go I hope.

The beauty of buying a new bike (in my case) is the fact that I have to run her in, this is helping me rehabilitate back into the sports bike mode and getting me familiar with my new steed! I have to be a careful as I still have large amounts of metal in my leg and would prefer not to bend it!:rolling: (Or my bike!)

·
president
1,009 Posts
well done lloyd

congrats on the mv lloyd.................ihope your happy with her................now all i have to do is wait for my 1130 then the 3 musketeers will be back togeather again.......................ps i havnt forgot about the alarm......................................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts