Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am having a tough decision. Decided to buy a bike after 23yrs. Unfortunately my licence expired years back so I had to re do A2 licence. I am in Australia, and do heaps of 4wd outback touring and hoping to do solo on 2 wheels one day. The trk 502x looks really good for the outback, but then I need a bit of exercise for my sea legs Hence eyeing the 502c. I anticipate a year before I am able to ride the outback, but unfortunately with the current never ending Melbourne lockdowns it may be a long way off. I could just get the 502c… enjoy it for now or you would advise to go for the 502x straight away? Your thoughts please

·
Registered
853 Posts
If bike height isn’t a problem go straight to the x. You will get used to it pretty quickly I would have thought. Getting both feet flat on the floor or nearly, gives more confidence. And road tyres always feel better on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If bike height isn’t a problem go straight to the x. You will get used to it pretty quickly I would have thought. Getting both feet flat on the floor or nearly, gives more confidence. And road tyres always feel better on the road.
Unfortunately I am short legged, standing on tip toe on the x, hence seeking first hand experience from someone with the same experience. I recently had quadriceps surgery, so my right leg is no longer the same.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
hi i was talking to a trk 502 owner on saturday and hes not a tall chap, and he said it is a pretty bike to get on with .
but in my view if you are thinking of doing a lot of off roading in the future wouldn't it be better on a lighter 250cc trail bike?..

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,428 Posts
Trk 502x and havea it lowered?

fred

·
Registered
853 Posts
The trk502 is lower than the x version. But as Rick says it depends how serious the off roading is. What type of terrain are you planning doing? I have done a little off roading and the Trk would be ok on easy green lanes but anything more serious then you want a lighter trail bike or preferably an enduro. I have an Armstrong Mt500 and it is a handful when it gets rough.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
This might help make up your mind

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, I am having a tough decision. Decided to buy a bike after 23yrs. Unfortunately my licence expired years back so I had to re do A2 licence. I am in Australia, and do heaps of 4wd outback touring and hoping to do solo on 2 wheels one day. The trk 502x looks really good for the outback, but then I need a bit of exercise for my sea legs Hence eyeing the 502c. I anticipate a year before I am able to ride the outback, but unfortunately with the current never ending Melbourne lockdowns it may be a long way off. I could just get the 502c… enjoy it for now or you would advise to go for the 502x straight away? Your thoughts please
I recently bought a 502c to replace my BMW1200rt. I needed to have a lighter bike for day rides and found the 502c to be great to ride. I fitted a foot peg next to the rerar gear shift rod as I use it to mount the bike. This makes it easier to throw the leg over the rear seat. A 15 tooth front sprocket is to be fitted as soon as it arrives, this will lessen the rev range at highway speeds by about 800 revs. All the best with your pick of bikes, I love mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts