Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that there seems to be a fair bit of mods going on lately and wondered if we should perhaps have a separate area or sticky for all of the mods that have been done over the years? It would be nice to see them all in one place;)

Al:D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Good idea Al

on some forums its called the "What I did to my "nelli" today"

heres my latest mod

They arrived eventually today and fitted asap

They are superb, control of the clutch is supreme and ive got way more stopping power over the standard levers. I assume thats down to the ball on the end of the lever holding on the second finger for more purchase....Stoppie City here we come

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are bloody lovely mate:bow: Will they fit the standard Tre by any chance?

Al:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
A very good idea Al. Question is who is gonna sort all the mods out that have been done over time and place in a new area. :clap:

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
The brake fits but you have to mod the clutch as yet young man

Admin can start a sticky like what i did to my nelli or build a new forum/section for mods only

Or some one just starts a thread like that and we keep adding to it and iot will stay high in the forum

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yep, they looks good your levers. Goes very well with the color on your bike. What type of levers is it (Rizoma ?) and what kind of mods have to be done on the clutch side to get it to fit Tornado ?

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Most of the info i know is here

http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4943

look at the second page in the post with the pictures

These levers are Titax levers available on ebay for 58 quid delivered

They will be making a clutch lever but no delivery date as yet and i had waited 3 months so i bought a second hand clutch lever bracket and modded that

·
Registered
184 Posts
So a ZX6R 98 clutch bracket + Titax levers should do the job as far as I can see ? Sounds great :)

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Yes it does but you need to be handy

You need to take off the little plastic peice on the benelli cable

the electrics fit and u need to cover the end of the rubber with tape or similar

you need to fabricate a little spacer to fit in between the cable outer and the adjuster to make the cable outer longer

easy though and well worth it

I really wanted to use Fz1 or FZ6 clutch lever bracket but there was none to find anywhere:( and just so happened i had a zx6r in the garage lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks mate. Does the Fz1 or FZ6 clutch lever bracket fit better ?

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Ive not done a lot with it but its much neater than the zx6r bracket

Just could not find a second hand one:(

Yamaha wanted £115 for it

some of the levers need the barrel washer from the original lever so you might need the old fz1 lever aswell, the zx6r titax lever did need this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts