Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lo All

Just a quick question to anyone with Sidi boots if I may : I currently have a set, about 2 years old. Purchased off a mate who told me they were size 10's. After a few hours of them on, they hurt to the extent when walking a short distance it becomes really painful around the little toe areas !

I am a size 10 or 44 in Euro. Looking inside the boots the other day, it is clearly written size 45 or me thinks, size 10 1/2 in Uk.:doh:

As I am now looking at a new set off the net for obvious financial saving reasons, do I buy a size 46 or Uk 11 ?????????:confused:

Speaking to another biking buddy, he is sure Sidi are renowned for needing a size bigger than your normal feet size, in my case a Uk 10 !

Anyone enlighten me as to their experiences trying / buying Sidi's & have you gone a size up in the end ?

Thanks all
Mark from Hereford :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Same issue here. My normal 44s felt fine in the shop, but after 30 miles they pinch at the toe. Ive still got them but dont use them very much.

I think the problem is that they are a very close fit on the size to try to give feel, but this means you feet have to be their shape or nothing.

Aarron

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I have run with sidi for a few years and have just purchased my 4th pair which are the vertigo's, (cost me £210-00 from hemet city) I am a size 9 uk and my sidi boots are a size 45 I have tried a 44 but they gave me foot cramp after about 10 mins.....so a uk 10 must be at least a 45.
Terry

·
Registered
146 Posts
sidi

hi mate
i got a pair in june i take a size 8 and bought a size 8 and they fit great and are very comfortable

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have run with sidi for a few years and have just purchased my 4th pair which are the vertigo's, (cost me £210-00 from hemet city) I am a size 9 uk and my sidi boots are a size 45 I have tried a 44 but they gave me foot cramp after about 10 mins.....so a uk 10 must be at least a 45.
Terry

Hi Terry
If you are a size 9 and fit a Euro 45 (which is a UK 10.5) they are certainly smaller than the label says, in your case by a size and a half.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Always fancied the look of Sidi boots until I tried a pair on at the local bike show. Thought that they were the most uncomfortable things ever compared to my Alpinestars :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Liked Sidi's but they were weird for me and thats saying something with a size left 11's and a right size 8's !!! the left was well cramped and i was trying a euro 46 . Oxtars were similar quality to Sidi's(read squeaky hinges) and ive had two pairs but now have Duchinni's which are ok but a bit too much metal (wanted italian style read kinky looks:rolleyes: ).

next pair's going to be either supertech's or SMX's

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've had a pair of Daytona Road Star Gore-Tex for some 6yrs. Soles are almost worn out. I had an 'off' in them 3yrs ago, saved my feet/ankles but scratched boots and damaged a zip. Otherwise would consider a factory re-sole. A new pair rrp at £260 - ouch!

An alternative could be the Sidi Vertigo Gore Black (rrp £230) could do with finding a pair to try on.

Choice, may well go for another pair of Daytonas, not flashy but v.good boots. We pay our money and makes our choice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, well ... food for thought, eh!

Thanks all for the input .... best advice I can preen from it is NOT to buy straight off the net but try on in a shop 1st !!!!!!!!!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts