Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I mention I was going to a track day at Silverstone yesterday;) ? Well, I did,:D , and it was BRILLIANT:ele: ! The sun was shining, the track was warm (ish), a perfect day for giving Bennie a thrashing:jig:. Out of about 200 bikes - 60-70 per session - that's a lot, isn't it? -only 2 Benellis, (having bumped into Rodders), and mine, both in the fast, green and silver colour:D :D , which definitely gave them the edge over the opposition, oops, I mean, other track users:rolling: .
Great fun; see the gallery:clap: .

Cheers.

Ian

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great Place

Got to agree Silverstone is fun - taken my Nelli (Red - yes RED RS) there for fun.

It was my 1st proper track day and I loved it !!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ian,

glad you had a great day at silverstone, thanks for taking my photo. It was nice to hear and see what the Tornado can do on track especially with you on board ! I salute you sir. Look forward to the next one.

cheers
rodders:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ian,

glad you had a great day at silverstone, thanks for taking my photo. It was nice to hear and see what the Tornado can do on track especially with you on board ! I salute you sir. Look forward to the next one.

cheers
rodders:bow: :bow: :bow:
Hi Rodders.
It was a good day, wasn't it :D ? The Benelli's present managed to keep the right way up, more or less, unlike many others that day :doh: ! It was mayhem out there at times:rolling: ! We'll have to do it again.
I shall be sending you a PM shortly, btw.

Cheers.

Ian

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Great fun; see the gallery:clap: ....
Hey Ian - which one is your Gallery? I can't find it...

Sounds like a great day! I've been down the Craner Curves on the race-school's CBR600 and wobbled unconvincingly around the Melbourne Loop. Would love to try it on the Tre.

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ian - which one is your Gallery? I can't find it...

Sounds like a great day! I've been down the Craner Curves on the race-school's CBR600 and wobbled unconvincingly around the Melbourne Loop. Would love to try it on the Tre.

cheers,
Dom
Hi Dom. You can access the album 2 ways; click on Member's Gallery, then Newest Member Album Photo's, and it's in amongst those. As other albums are added, it will drop off the bottom, so you can then type in www.benelliforum.com/gallery/bennyandthejets, or click on this link.
Some tracks, such as Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Goodwood etc have a sense of history which you can feel when you are there, which enhances the experience, in my view.
I went with Focussed Events, and I think they had far too many bikes on track at one time, with riders of very different abilities, which maybe accounted for some of the crashes. Fortunately, with the GP circuit over 3 miles long, they do get dispersed fairly quickly, and nobody was hurt.
They did have 2 very good photographers, who took pictures of everybody, it seems, and they put yours on a disc and flog them to you at very great expense at the end of the afternoon. Got to be done, though:rolling: ! After all, track days are 20% track time, 80% bullsh#t and fantasy world in your head:ele: :jig: ! er.. well, they are in my head, anyway :doh: , is it just me :confused:? Highly recommended :D !

Cheers.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts