Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, we also managed to visit the Italian Stallions other big bike event of the the year, (After the Party in the Peak of course:bow: ) the Slater Laverda Open Day. Having arrived at about 10.30am on Sunday there were only a handfull of Laverda's there, but within an hour or so there were more like 40 Laverda's, needless to say all Non Laverda's were told to park round the side or round the back, my new steed, the Thruxton was forced to park by a skip (No Puns please:D ) although if you look at the photo I think him up stairs wasn't too happy with that as there was a bit of Divine intervention, as we "Saw the Light "! :rolling:

All in all though, it was well worth the visit, some right old bangers were there but mostly some stunning bikes:bow: .

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Great collection of photos Rob.
It became an impressive collection as the forecourt was crammed full by lunchtime, about 65 when I counted. The sunshine is very effective at luring out hidden bikes. My Tre was around the opposite side LOL

·
903 Posts
Strangest looking Laverda I have ever seen in picture 3, didn't know they did them in yellow & red!

What's that blue skip doing in the picture? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Only joking!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Strangest looking Laverda I have ever seen in picture 3, didn't know they did them in yellow & red!

What's that blue skip doing in the picture? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Only joking!
Lloyd, not fair. The story was so sad!
When you can't afford the storm force of a Tornado, then a gentle breeeeze is the nearest thing ;)
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
p.s. Lloyd, hows your knutts?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
God i wish i'd stayed to see the sunday's ride in of all those laverda's but i did get to see the SFC rep (top pic far left) as it was gorgeous. will definately be buying one of those laverdas soon as they are rare just like these benelli's ,when was the last time you saw a 254 or 654 on the road or a gaggle of tornado's (except when bob,simon and me were bombing down the A49 towards the venue at breakneck speed :D .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
...except when bob,simon and me were bombing down the A49 towards the venue at breakneck speed :D
excuse me!! . . . .I would like to point out that no necks were broken in the making of that journey and for the purpose of the hidden microphone all speeds were legal in my mind :ele: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Bob, I didn't realise you had a Twisted Mind like me, it must be a Biker thing 'cause I was doing 120 in my mind the other day......... Even on my Bike !:rolling:.............. WOW !:D
Rob, 120km/hr is totally acceptable :)
That's something like what I meant, purely as Devil's Advocate (of course) We had caught up with 2 old friends on Laverdas. So ....I had to make the point and passed them, as you do (ok, cos I could) Now I must stress these were all at legal speeds! ;)
'Angle' then suggests things, and someone else says "I was doing 131 to stay with you" ...Nah!! don't believe them. The individual didn't get that close :D
Besides , who's read their Benelli mirrors engravings - "objects in the rearview may appear etc etc" :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
p.s. anyone seen 'angle' we're still looking for him :p

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hey Bob your right i was obviously making those figures up :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and of course we wouldnt be so irresponsible to do such things:rolling: . i do know one thing and that is where did angus go ??? - FOR FUEL AS IT WAS GOBBLING IT AT AN ALARMING RATE !!!! (well it does when your riding slow:rolling: ) . I did consider blowin past yer there bob but when your as old as you and i its not good for the heart :rolling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts