Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning and tried to start the CR and nothing. Ignition lights came on, pulled in clutch, pushed starter button - nothing. So the Benelli gremlins have finally caught up with me or not.

This after 15,000 miles and 1 year10 months later.

Well let me put things straight. It was not the CR that gave up but the aftermarket hydraulic clutch (starter overide) switch that went open circuit.
First thing I checked with the meter. After making up a jumper link I was off to breakfast and a local viewing of the new 2009 and 2010 BMW 1000ss sports bikes.
The one was a charcoal colour and the other the Martini red blue and white. MSRP in the USA $13,800.00 delivery date January for the pre-ordered one and the rest March.

Aprillia RSV4 R apparently due this month with MSRP of US$15,999.00 and the Factory for $20,999.00
Found this info on Asphalt and Rubber Motorcycle news and updates.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Sorry to hear your blues with the Nelli, but you look like you've had a better time than some on here.;)

I've never owned a German bike, the owners are always a bit stuck up there own arse.
God knows why...and they never wave back???
Do you think its my aftershave chap?:doh:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Sorry to hear your blues with the Nelli, but you look like you've had a better time than some on here.;)

I've never owned a German bike, the owners are always a bit stuck up there own arse.
Do you think its my aftershave chap?:doh:
That reminds me, and yes I know you've probably heard them before but they're still funny as F*ck ! ;)

:D

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back.
10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Shoulder too stiff from camping on the ground the night before.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!.
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced. And the number one reason...
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The expresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.
8. Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of the handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're jealous that after spending $20,000, they still don't own a Gold Wing.

:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here in Southern California, BMW's are very common (almost as common as a jap bike and way more common than Italian bikes) and all types ride them.
On Saturdays I go out and have breakfast with a group called Moto Euro Breakfast Club. Criteria is a European bike. Most of the guys ride BMW's. And the majority own more than one bike.

Greg owns about 45, one of which is a Benelli 900 Sei with only 150 miles on it from new. Was trying to sell a couple of his bikes a few months back to fund another new toy that he had purchased. I think he was asking US$7500.00 for it.

Gordon owns a few (around 9) British bikes. Triumphs, Nortons, BSA's. He just sold his John Player Norton.

Bill collects Moto Guzzi's and just ran one at Bonneville World of Speed in September and got a record of 169 mph (bike runs 85hp at the wheel.)in the modified gas partialy streemlined 1000cc. He then removed the streamlining and ran modified gas powered 1000cc and got a record at 157.9 mph on his 2 runs. Pictures of Bill's Guzzi in my Album.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I had a little spat with an BMW R1100S earlier today and have to wonder what the guy thought as i was passing him ;) , slid the RS's rear end round a roundabout and caned it into the 130 region i did give him the byee wave as i went . I have to admit i could go an HP2 Sports tho bloody gorgeous :)

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have to admit i could go an HP2 Sports tho bloody gorgeous :)
Have to agree with you there Angus. The BMW dealer had test rides of most models NOT the 1000ss or the HP2 though. Said to a friend the only one I would like to have test ridden or would consider owning (what me on a BMW -yeah right) if I had the money would be the HP2.

Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
AWWW Rob thats the best bit its what you grind on the tarmac when your really going for it and i bet they dont grind until close to 50 degrees :D (carbon on top of magnesium if i remember rightly)

Its just eye candy in a German Way and is why BMW isnt the staid old image it used to be (The HP2 did fantastic in Endurance llast year) :clap:

·
1,841 Posts
Thats a coincidence,I went for a ride on the RS today and stopped at the Oakdene cafe where I was chatting to a chap that was riding a HP2 BMW.
It is a lovely bike, he said it is hard to get a test ride,but but the manager of Park Lane BMW had his own HP2 that he brought in specially for him to test.He said once ridden he had to have one !
Any way how about a new quiz ?
Can anyone guess what part I spotted fitted to the HP2 engine that also is used on a Tornado ?

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Thats a coincidence,I went for a ride on the RS today and stopped at the Oakdene cafe where I was chatting to a chap that was riding a HP2 BMW.
It is a lovely bike, he said it is hard to get a test ride,but but the manager of Park Lane BMW had his own HP2 that he brought in specially for him to test.He said once ridden he had to have one !
Any way how about a new quiz ?
Can anyone guess what part I spotted fitted to the HP2 engine that also is used on a Tornado ?

Brembo brakes ? :confused: ~~~~

:p

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,841 Posts
OK,sorry Rob the brakes are fitted to the wheels not the engine ! I suppose I will have to give the answer to de-stress you.

And the answer is.......................The throttle position sensor

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wave and I have a BMW

I wave and I have a BMW

Does that make me strange and it is a R1100S Mr Dangle !!!

OK though it wasn't me though.

Rate it way above the nelli on the road, but wouldn't take it near a track. It's done in excess of 30,000 miles without a hitch and is good for 1,000 mile plus days - Only problem has been one exploding Battery. Water leaking from an air cooled bike - confused me for a minute or two!

The nelli has done 5,000 miles in my hands broken down 3 times (sufficent to come back on a truck), blown Core Plugs, Coil Sticks, Sprung Oil Leaks and most recently rotted out a rad. Strangly though when I crashed it I could still ride it home - Wierd.
It's cost more to keep on the road then the Bemmer by far, excluding all the break downs (as I fixed most of them myself)

Would I be without it - NO as it makes me smile everytime I go in the Garage !:doh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I love my Nelli too and Im always grinning ear-to-ear when I get off BUT its spent more time in the shop than on the road so if its not fixed soon its going.

Where next? Either torque sports (MT01 or B-King), reliable naked (Tuono or Streetfighter) or sports tourer (K1200S). Might even toss the RSV4 in for kicks.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Yeah I love my Nelli too and Im always grinning ear-to-ear when I get off BUT its spent more time in the shop than on the road so if its not fixed soon its going.

Where next? Either torque sports (MT01 or B-King), reliable naked (Tuono or Streetfighter) or sports tourer (K1200S). Might even toss the RSV4 in for kicks.

B-King ! :eek: That has got to be one of the Ugliest bikes on the planet !

You'll regret it if you sell the Nelli buddy ! ;)

:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wave and I have a BMW

Does that make me strange and it is a R1100S Mr Dangle !!!

:doh:
I have a German MZ 1000S (along with my Cafe Racer), a Benelli and an MZ...I am strange!:rolling: ....but I do wave, yet sometimes think the whole "waving" thing is kind of silly:confused: ....especially when someone waves when they're at full lean in a corner.......:doh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got a BMW K1200S and I wave to every bugger :)

PS, finally got my TnT to start, the immobiliser had failed !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts