Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now we know what lots of you do for a living, continuing the "getting to know you" theme, tell us something surprising about your non bike related life (if you have one!)

Starting with me... Aside from bikes, my other expensive hobby is music and in my spare time I dabble in music production and DJing :D

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Don't be so modest Borat - your film about America was fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
But seriously. I'm a big music fan too. I taught myself to play guitar at age 16 and have been trying to pluck up the courage to perform publicly ever since. But I'm just not a natural show-off.

I have done one gig: New Years Eve '99/2000 I played bass with a friend's band at a private party and pretty much hid behind the speaker stack for the whole night :rolleyes: Was a bl**dy good night though!

I used to fish a lot as kid, and have recently had a hankering to take that up again - how Rock 'n' Roll is that?! :rolling:

cheers,
Dom

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
When I'm not riding I fly helicopters (badly) Oh, and I also have a music connection......ran a mobile disco for a few years in my Youth, still got all the old 45's to prove it. I had them down from the attic one night and when my Daughters saw them she exclaimed "what are those things Dad, large CD's?" :doh:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i love mountain biking, out every thursday night & the weekends if i get chance!!! & i'm really lucky where i live cos i'm only 20 minutes from loads of great trails in the peaks & i have a 1 of the best forests in the country 2 minutes peddling from my house where you can often see the multi world downhill champion steve peat training :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hey Sparkey, I'm into the mountain bikes aswell, but use the 7 stanes in the scottish borders, not steve peat though. Is it not a bit demoralising seeing him out training when your huffing and puffing up a hill and he sails past as if he's out for a stroll!!

Scan animals for pregancies etc. (I know its a bit odd, but a lot of friends have herds of odd animals that require scanning when Mr Stud has been along to visit).

Don't get much time for hobbies at the moment, wife & little daughter take up my life at the moment.

Fraser

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
fraser yeah its sooo embarasing he makes it look sooo easy & his lines are so smooth unlike mine where i just clatter over rocks & roots & nearly have a heart attack on the climbs :eek: he's a top bloke tho, he always say hello & is really down to earth if you didn't know who he was you'd never guess he was the best downhiller in the world he's that layed back!!!! i'm trying to get the lads to have a weekned up in the borders instead of wales like we normally do :rolleyes:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Sparkey, Let me know when/if you guys are coming up, I'll join you for a run if you don't mind. pm me or email me on [email protected]
Cheers, Fraser

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
yeah that would be good :D :D i'll start pestering the lads & try & organise something :clap: :clap:

G

·
OK well i'm not sure i will get away with this but and its a big BUT as well as Nelli'ing and marshalling and being glued to the racing ont tele i actually own
A CARAVAN

Stop stop stop
Its mostly for racing purposes but i do enjoy a week or 2 away every year just chillin and being a tourIst. I am a caravaner that does the speed limit not 1 that potters about and as i'm writting this i am listening to (TRYING TO SOUND YOUNG AND HIP HERE) System Of A Down so that kind of makes it ok doesn't it. . . rite. . . . friends . . . . . . . Hello . . . . where have you all gone :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
OK well i'm not sure i will get away with this but and its a big BUT as well as Nelli'ing and marshalling and being glued to the racing ont tele i actually own
A CARAVAN

Stop stop stop
Its mostly for racing purposes but i do enjoy a week or 2 away every year just chillin and being a tourIst. I am a caravaner that does the speed limit not 1 that potters about and as i'm writting this i am listening to (TRYING TO SOUND YOUNG AND HIP HERE) System Of A Down so that kind of makes it ok doesn't it. . . rite. . . . friends . . . . . . . Hello . . . . where have you all gone :D
.......... View attachment 1135 View attachment 1136 View attachment 1137 ..........

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Is now the time I mention that I fancy going on a narrow boat holiday?
Fraser

·
Registered
513 Posts
A CARAVAN

Stop stop stop
My misses works for the Caravan club hope your a member Simon lol and no we don't have one lol I'm a big gamer since forever Dragon 32s PS3 Xbox360 you name it I have probably played it

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
For the last 20 years I've been on the committee of a target shooting club; most of the time as chairman, but now as vice-president ( they're pensioning me off!).

We shoot mostly on military ranges, as well as a private range, with the occasional excursion to Bisley.

Disciplines are mainly historic rifle, scoped and iron-sights, plus a bit of .22; black-powder revolver etc.

That and years of noisy bikes is why I am going mutton jeff, I'm told:doh: !

Cheers

Ian

·
1,841 Posts
A CARAVAN
Its mostly for racing purposes
Come on Simon,how on earth do you race a caravan ? Perhaps you park at the top of a hill ,release the chocks and see whos caravan gets to the bottom 1st ?:doh: :rolling: :) ;)
sorry mate, you did ask for it !

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
As a few know horses are in my time as well and i used to be a member of the North Cheshire Drag Hunt (no i didnt wear womens clothes !!!) Lived in Prestbury(where all the Man U footballers live) and wore the Hunting Jacket/Hat and used to whoop it up once a week with the hounds and fellow Huntsmen/Ladies, Now Horses are merely for mainly one daughter and its quite a buzz at small shows watching her get a placing or even qualifying for County Level- Damn Expensive Tho !!. Ride Occasionally in Summer on a friends and dont leave all those nasty poops everywhere as i ride trails .

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
Me and the wife spend our holidays in Las Vegas.We've been 5 times now and we love it,its like Disneyland for adults!!!
We were ther for xmas last year and we hired a Hummer 4x4.what a monster!!(if you thought your Benelli was thirsty,you aint seen nothin)!!!
the whole place is 24hrs for eating,drinking and gambling(oh and the booze is free if you're gambling):clap:
Also saw the Champ car grand prix around the vegas street circuit a coupla years ago
Already planning the next trip:D

fred

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
well let me see here, this is nothing exciting but when I was a lad (Yes I know it was a couple of decades ago, or so !:rolling: ) I was always a Formula One fan before I got into bikes, so I used to go to Silverstone for a few years, the Best part being the year my then hero, Nigel Mansell :bow: , Won the World Championship followed the following year by the Indy Championship, and of course he was a local lad, infact we occasionally used to watch him in his early days racing around Chasewater Park on the go-karting track, although we didn't realise then he would be World Champion one day ! And of course we saw Damon Hill :bow: not too many years after win his World Championship, also managed to see the Great Barry Sheene :bow: :bow: race around Donnington a couple of times !

actually, talking of Donnington, I've been on the "Rocket" Ron Haslam race days a couple of times and found them to be Pretty Awesome ! Ron and Leon were there last time we went and are very approachable:clap:and it's an Excellent track too !:D

:ele:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
290 Posts
I feel like a boring old sole compared to you lot. I seem to work work work and then get every other sunday free. So its got to be the bike. I do dabble with guitar strings and fancy trying my hand at being a luthian (guitar maker):doh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts