Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read it on the latest AMCN december issue, he left last month citing "frustration" over the chinese managements slow progress in bringing his designs to production, namely the BX series mx, enduro and motard bikes to production along with the Due756, which debuted over 2 years ago now. He's gone up the road to Ducati! I'll try to scan up the article and will post it soon.
Benelli better got those bikes out asap to help finance the development of the 1000cc superbike replacement and the tesi 600. I know the due was held up due to getting "someone" (Verlicchi?) to makes up the cast frames. sadly we didnt here anything about the new bikes at milan, just the 899cc engined tre-k and tnt's, with tornado's out of production theres just 2 big bikes models currently being made!

I hear ex Benelli designer , Adrian Morton, is now head design guru at MV Agusta now that Tamurini has officially retired.

Also there was a bit about SCPS, its over, hopefully another mob picks up Benelli soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Benelli better got those bikes out asap to help finance the development of the 1000cc superbike replacement and the tesi 600.
The duo is a no brainer for the ER5/SV650 market, but do you realy think they will be brave enough to go for the FFE 600 ?

3 wins and 21 podiums this year dont seam to have removed peoples doubts.

We got a constant stream of people at the NEC pearing all over the race bike, but it was a 50/50 mix of ... "If its the future why havent honda done it" verses "It is the future why havent honda done it".

The comedy bit was that there was a wacking bright red mock up of a hub centre steered bike on the Honda stand half a hall away.

Whats new and challenging about any modern honda .... ABS on the fireblade ? Mass centralization ? At least the Tre had the underseat rad.

Aarron

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Ya cheeky git Pony ;)

In actual fact, I know the guy that owned SCPS (Paul Nobbs, yes, that's his real name:rolleyes: ) I met him while I was at the Benelli weekend at Misano when they launched the TRE-K a couple of years back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts