Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Well my TNT is in at 3 Cross motorcycles for some remedial work

It has stalled (well stopped - it was at 2k rpm at the time in gear?!)
It has refused to start - the same old problem
I noticed the exhaust valve was not operating
It was running warm - ish

I had a call today from Kevin at 3X to say they had done the following

Replaced the exhaust valve solenoid
Replacing the starter motor and cables (when it arrives)
Replaced the cables going to the butterfies in the airbox they were siezed (they regulate the air pressure in the box?)
Replaced the spark plugs as two misfiring

Going to check the correct map was on
Going to re site the fans on the outside of the rads
Going to replace the battery

Tighten the chain as someone has been pulling wheelies..........:)

I am hoping it will address some of the issues, although I would love it anyway.

I shall let you know how much - if any I have to pay.

My single seat unit and belly pan have turned up, they have to be fitted and checked for fit- then i shall get them painted - I tried to include pics from mysnapfish account but it would not show them....

mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
work on tnt

Now Then...
Take Out The Butterfly Valves From The Air Box And Take Out The Exhaust Valve Out, And All The Pluming For It..
Spark Plug Wise Get The Best U Can, As I Know Of A Couple Of Benelli's That The End Of Electrode Broke Off!!!!!!!!!!
Fatnfast...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mike,
When you say the exhaust valve was not operating, how do you know this?? I know that mine does move slightly when i rev the bike at standstill, but at what sort of rpm does the valve open totally??

Best of luck with your repairs, the starter motor and re-map will make all the difference to the stalling and hot starting (as i've already said):)

The re-map will help the engine temperature, as will the fan modification, if it the modifications get done properly, it'll come back a totally different (even better) machine, as mine did last week.

Just make sure they also fit the idle adjustment kit, (this comes with the fan mod kit) i had mine fiited today (free of charge) cos it was never fitted when they did the fans, (before i bought the bike) it's handy to have if the re-map dosen't completely stop the stalling problem.

Best of luck:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
exhaust valve

Well i could not see it move at all, although stationary but with engine running - i looked and saw all the wires gummed up, and so tweeked em, they did seem reluctant to move so I asked 3X to check.

3X have been excellent so far and they have been very helpful.

Yes 2 electrodes were faulty -

I just want a base line, i plan to get it dyno'd with a power commander as soon as my titanium exhaust turns up.

I have a bellypan and single seat unit in grp, i need to fit them before getting them painted up (they need to be prepared also). Also I might hate them so I need to see them on. I cant get my snapfish images to embed on here for some reason or i would show the pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waiting

:) Waiting for the starter motor from Benelli, I have a Courtesy bike a MV Augusta 910 Brutale_ nice but not a fast as the tnt, also riding is like being a jockey _ it has a tiny little riding position and needs a steering damper too.

Miss that triple sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts