Benelli Forum banner

SP Engineering stubby exhaust

14K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  Poedale 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not seen one in the flesh, looks ok not keen on the hanging bracket

just a thought but have you seen the rs genuine can on ebay, £86, like the colour as matches my forks, was thinking of getting it and shortening it by 4-6in, easy job, and she would slot straight on, but i already have a few exhaust so letting someone else have a stab at it, or maybe i am off to have another look and think now :confused:

BENELLI TORNADO TRE RS 900 EXHAUST SILENCER END CAN GOOD CONDITION | eBay

#4 ·
Stubby is nice but don't pay that for it get a used one and tinker it on I fitted a GSXR MOTOGP style on mine got it cheap and looks and sounds the nuts , on the Tornado you don't want to hide the swing arm.

nice RS exhaust that Pip.:clap:

#5 ·
whats the difference

Silly question but what is the difference between std true and rs can wise???

Excuse poor text but getting used to Xmas tablet purchase..................................help me....
racket

just a thought but have you seen the rs genuine can on ebay, £86, like the colour as matches my pforks, was thinking of getting it and shortening it by 4-6in, easy job, and she would slot straight on, but i already have a few exhaust so letting someone else have a stab at it, or maybe i am off to have another look and think now :confused:

BENELLI TORNADO TRE RS 900 EXHAUST SILENCER END CAN GOOD CONDITION | eBay[/QUOTE]

#8 · (Edited)
This is a stubby round on my 1130.

Link pipe was / is, part of the deal/

"Baffle"? :rolleyes:, is a small 3cm max, 6mm tube that is welded to the outer baffle shield and looks like a tea strainer...(hmmm, guess how old I am then? :().
It is held in by tiny screw and can easily be pulled.

Sound WITH the baffle in is lovely...Without...:p (Matt at Bennetts swears mine is the loudest bike he has heard and has to think about wearing ear protection!)

Straight fit on, and, according to SP, there's no need for a remap.....however...I found that I started to suffer with slight misfire, and she started cutting out again when coming to a stop, so Matt DID remap it and kept nagging me to refit the baffle as it created a small back pressure on the engine which fettled the odd misfire and cut out.......although...I am reliably informed...the flames shooting out the back were indeed spectacular ;).

I had a slight issue around 6 months on from initially fitting it. I started to notice a discolouration on the carbon wrap, and initially assumed it was oil...(from a dry clutch weep), and tried to rub it off without success and assumed that it had been baked on...:mad:. However, the disolouration began to spread around the full circumference and that it was extra hot in this area...used gloves don't worry. I contacted SP Engineering and they asked me to send back the exhaust as they suspected that some of the internal insulation had slipped down the pipe due to the unique Benelli resonance. They paid for the postage and returned the exhaust with new carbon and internally repaired within 10 days. :clap::clap:

Stand off from the swinging arm is around 5mm and you can alter the angle slightly within the limits of the link pipe bend.

It's not overpowering in size, screaming look at me, but looks nice IMO.

Oh.....and it's about 10kg lighter than the stock exhaust....:D

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Oh...and FiremanDan has a oval aftermarket on his...not SP though....just a word of warning....it's managed to eat about 5mm of his swingarm and seems to act as a stressed member now!....Dan's stressed too!

Matt had a look, pulled it away from the swing arm....eyes popped out of his head....and he gently pushed it back up against the swingarm and walked away...!!

#11 ·
My cheap Tornado is with Russ at the moment having a service ready for Scottiland and he's fitting the pipe off his track tornado, I have been warned its pretty loud :clap:

Reactions: Rick0705 and JPF
#17 · (Edited)
I have an SP engineering stubby exhaust on my TRE.

I also have it so I can use it with the link pipe or can tuck it under the swingarm.

Lovely exhaust, excellent quality and fits perfectly. Run it without the baffle and god in heaven will hear you as it is loud, run it with the baffle in and it sounds lovely and not too deafening.

It doesn't need a remap but it does run better with one, I just used TuneECU to remap it.

#18 ·
Oi ! That's mine :rolling:Give it back! :p

I take it you hang it off the footpeg when in shortened mode?
In this position, do you have any issues with heat radiation through the sole of your boot at all?

#21 ·
Thanks for the helpful information Sean, all I have to decide now is carbon or not! :confused:

Would you be able to send me a copy of your modified map?

#33 ·
I had a micron WSB full race on the ZX9 even that was a nice system, the Micron's always sounded nice and looked good. Shame they went t*t up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.