Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TnT has been refusing to communicate with the Axone so Real World did a complete check on all the electrics yesterday, and tracked it back to the ECU.

Everything works EXCEPT the comms , so as long as i'm happy to not be able to get the new tunes etc on , the bike fully works.
IF I decide I need the tunes, then I need a new ECU at a cost of.....£1540 UK !!!

Anybody know any breakers or friends who've written off a TnT ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
how the heck does an ECU burn out in only 4 years??!!??
Benelli should be checking up on that to figure out why it doesn't work. I'm sure an electronics shop could get the comm port working again. Maybe it's just a bent pin or something.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The ECU on my 04 did much the same thing. The bike ran fine but wouldn't accept new maps. I was extremely lucky to acquire a spare at no cost.

I'm inclined to agree about bent pins and dirty contacts. Companies which recondition ECUs typically find over 75% have no fault within the unit itself. I wonder if anyone reconditions these ECUs?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ECU on my 04 did much the same thing. The bike ran fine but wouldn't accept new maps. I was extremely lucky to acquire a spare at no cost.

I'm inclined to agree about bent pins and dirty contacts. Companies which recondition ECUs typically find over 75% have no fault within the unit itself. I wonder if anyone reconditions these ECUs?
So is it a known issue with ECU's this "not accepting maps" problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi jj,

To enable/disable write on Walbro (tnt & tornado 1130cc) you need to short cut these pins

Also, ask at your Benelli mechanics if he have a Benelli OEM service software with the serial cable, and try to reprogram with the UPGRADE map!

If no have, don't worry, I help you to build one!! ;)

PS. ....the tuneboy serial cable works well !!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There are 2 on eBay for the Tornado 900 , they are Sagem MC1000 , will they fit the TnT 1130 ?

OK, just rang Real World, I need a Walbro.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you can also try to write on it with a tuneboy, that worked twice times.
if not we have two used Walbros here.

regards Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts