Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RS has been of the road for some months now waiting for a spare part. After 7 months it turned up and I broke it, good eh.
It's the fuel pipe that runs from the tank to the fuel rail with a quick release connector and a banjo fitting.
Anyone got one or know of an alternative.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel Pipe

I have one on order With KJM and its due in week after easter from Italy give them a Try8o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Fuel pipe

Fellas, how / where did it break?
Have you any pictures of the dead part?

The plastic tabs of the quick release on my tank, have broken off, so I made up a tool to release it. Still a pain to use though.

There are 2 internal sleeves that hold the petrol tube in place. The quick-release works by moving the red sleeve upwards, towards the orange sleeve. The tabs did this as they were compressed by the "Rapid Release" tool - which won't help you much if they are no longer attached. You can do the same thing with 2 screwdrivers.

I'm going to install a coupling in the fuel line to make the whole tank removal process a LOT easier. Touratech (www.touratech.de) have a coupling for 8mm fuel line that seals the tank side off when you disconnect it. Part number is 01-100-0106-0. It costs about Euro 18. Search for "QD coupling for fuel line 8 mm". In the US, go to www.touratech-usa.com.

(Hope that helps you get running again.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Fuel pipe

Hi Engenia

Can't talk about the first one, but I broke the replacement when I was putting it all back together. The bike fell over in the garage and the tank fell to the floor shearing the plastic connector at the base.
How I laughed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fuel line!!!

Yep guy's, done the same...... lost the buttons on the fuel outlet connector and dropped the tank off the side of the bike and broke a fuel line...... how I laughed too......firetruck, firetruck, firetruck!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: fuel line

Hi Arders,
Yes got it in the post early in the week fitted it carefully and off we go.....
Oh and apparently there is some sort of workshop tool that first of all empties the fuel quickly and then will seal the tank while its off the bike, have asked for one for future jobs.8o

1 - 9 of 9 Posts