Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in West oz we have owner onus laws, i need to avoid a fine and can nominate someone else as being the rider, anyone know if you can nominate someone from overseas to take the rap? Would the cops actually go to the effort of tracing a name to see if they where even in the country ?
If i get done for this offence its 6 months without a licence, and no job!
:bawl:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thats really bad luck mate. Best of luck with it.
I would say you might be ok if you found someone from overseas who was in Australlia at the time. I would think the authorities would be wise to the old trick of nominating someone from overseas who was not in the country at the time. It would be easy for them to check? If however you could find that traveller who was there at the time :p

·
349 Posts
There has just been a case in the UK where a woman took the points for her husband and sons speeding,but the silly bitch had not even passed her test so the police looked into it and caught them out.
Also a man was on the radio saying howhe had sold his points to a work colleague and the colleague had shopped him and accused him of bullying him to take the points and he went to prison for it!!:doh:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There has just been a case in the UK where a woman took the points for her husband and sons speeding,but the silly bitch had not even passed her test so the police looked into it and caught them out.
Also a man was on the radio saying howhe had sold his points to a work colleague and the colleague had shopped him and accused him of bullying him to take the points and he went to prison for it!!:doh:
It's called perverting the course of justice, which is probably viewed as seriously in Oz as it is in the UK, and carries a prison sentence, criminal record, blah blah. What would that do for your job prospects?
Better do as Engenia suggests; put your hand up, and get a lawyer to fight for your licence.
Good luck
Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts