Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all been a while since i've been here glad to see the your all still coping with owning a TNT:clap: I think last time i was on the site Hector had broke something at Oulton,(how is that now?) And VTXBrit was having overheating stalling trouble. My latest problem is a loss of speed indication. The clock still reads zero but thats it. I've checked the wires up to the clocks from the connector that the speed sensor plugs into and thats all ok.I've fitted a new rear wheel speed sensor, but its still not working, does anyone know how to prove the sensor is ok (dont trust the new one) or have any other suggestions
many thanks in advance:bow:

·
463 Posts
Hi Dib, good to hear from you again, the wrist is fine and touch wood the tnt is fine too, just done some warranty mods . VTX has 2 tnts now. sorry can,t help with your speedo though.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Dib,

Disconnect the cable connector from the clocks and identify the pin on the connector that relates to the speedo signal feed, then take a reading from this on a multimeter. When you slowly turn the rear wheel you should get a 12v reading on the meter every time the rear disc bolt passes the speed sensor.

The only other way would be to identify the wire behind the clocks that feeds the speedo signal (on the Tornado its the dark blue wire) use a sharp metal pin to carefully pierce through the insulation, then take a reading from this on the multimeter. The hole in the insulation will close up again when you remove the pin but just to be on the safe side, wrap the area where you have pierced through the insulation with a few layers of insulating or better still self amalgamating tape when you have finished. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad to learn that you've healed up Hector,VTX is obviously a glutton for punishment:)
Laurencewhite thanks for those tips i'll try them soon hopefully it will be the sensor and not the clocks

·
AndrewT
41 Posts
I have the exactly the same issue , just had sensor changed and problem still exists and also odometer does not record.

Andrew T

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well my speedo records a speed, but it becomes so optimistic at higher speeds, I think it's just a random number generator in disguise....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi peeps

well the speedo is now working, after belling out the speedo cables to make sure they were ok i readjusted the sensor so it was about 1mm away from the bolt head on the disc, and the speedo worked. The problem is i dont know if me fannying around with all the wiring fixed it or whether ajusting the sensor did the trick......typical. still apparently they are very difficult to set so just keep trying different positions. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts