Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help?

I bought my nelli new last Nov 08 it has a spitting habit when blipping the throtle on the down shift when changing down when the revs are about 5,000rpm instead of the engine reving up she spits back through the air box. When changing down & blipping the thortle from engine speeds above 6,000 it never does it?

Lloyd it is slightly better since you looked at it during the 1st service but not much.

Do they all do it?

Paul

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has done it from day one when I picked the bike up with zero miles on the clock with standard exhaust, some days worse than others. Currently with 850miles and just fitted new exhaust (see last weeks post) if again thing I think it has slightly improved with the new exhaust.

Don't get me wrong it not a serious problem I just wondered if they all did it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
nope

It has done it from day one when I picked the bike up with zero miles on the clock with standard exhaust, some days worse than others. Currently with 850miles and just fitted new exhaust (see last weeks post) if again thing I think it has slightly improved with the new exhaust.

Don't get me wrong it not a serious problem I just wondered if they all did it.
never heard of this, and dont have the problem either

·
5,934 Posts
Mine used to do this at idle, without touching the throttle, until I richened it up. Hasn't done it since.
Never happened at 5000 rpm though. If it were mine, I'd be installing a wide band O2 sensor, and logging a few runs, to see what the AFR was up to.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My old tre used to do this - all the time when I first got it and occasionally after russ tinkered with it. Never stopped it completely though. Le doesn't do it at all.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Mine does it but I think it's because I've stuck my new can on. :(

Al;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts