Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem after about 100 miles. I was a bit P****d off at the time , but superglued it together an it seems to be fine. Just ogle at the bike and all the annoying things disappear. Its a work of art. Gnome

·
Registered
885 Posts
What r you guys doing to these rubbers? mine has 160000mls on it and rubber is intact, a bit worn but still there, surely someone somewhere has a method of re-coating them i.e dipping them in a boiling vat of rubber:)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I became owner of my RS with 4500 miles on the clock and the gear rubber was already split :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Back in 2004 I had three gear change leavers replaced under warantee because of this. The last replacement finally had a different type of rubber and was much tougher (but still split in the end, a couple of years out of warantee - D'oh)

The early rubbers were a matt black colour and quite soft, the last one was a much harder shiney black material.

Always worth a go at having a push for a replacement if the bike has just been purchased - nothing to loose.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My 1130 gear shift rubber is also split at the end after 3,000 miles and 1 month left under warranty - waiting to see if it will get changed but advised not to expect it to be replaced!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Mine lasted a week :bawl: it seemed too much hassle at the time (3 years ago) for the supplier to replace under waranty, never got back to me:bawl: so in the end i just pulled it off cleaned it up with some Dick emery paper and i've preffered it:clap:

·
Registered
833 Posts
After 1500mle the tip of my gear change started to split, i will more than likely take it off when it is too far gone an buff it up as per tonydoc. ron d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts