Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sports exhaust has a baffle held in with a circlip.....anyone got any tips for removing the baffle once the clipclip is out:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Just a pair of long nosed pliers should do the job matey. That's how mine came out;)

Al:D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The sports exhaust has a baffle held in with a circlip.....anyone got any tips for removing the baffle once the clipclip is out:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I don't know if it is similar to an Akrapovic detachable baffle, but, if so, you need to get a sturdy piece of metal rod, bend the end (last 15mm) to just beyond 90 degrees, making sure it will fit up your pipe;) , insert the hooked end until you feel it drop over the inner end of the baffle tube, then a sharp tug should have it out.
The problem with using pliers is that you may damage the tube; cosmetic only, I know, but damage, none the less.
If it is not like an Akrapovic, then this is entirely irrelevant :rolling:

Good luck:D

Cheers

Ian

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
The problem with using pliers is that you may damage the tube; cosmetic only, I know, but damage, none the less.
If it is not like an Akrapovic, then this is entirely irrelevant :rolling:

Good luck:D

Cheers

Ian
My mate stuck a dish cloth over the pliers so that they wouldn't mark or score the metal;)

Al:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Some good ideas there, I was thinking of taking the can off and using, say a broom handle on floor, hitting it form the inside by pulling it down over the broom handle, no visible damage then, what the opinions on that, Steve.

·
3,085 Posts
yep

thats how you do it, have a flat end on the broomstick, the bung has a solid end, the holes being in the sides of the bung., just gentle taps to start it off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts