Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cracking morning up here while the rest of the UK appears to be pretty miserable. Quick look at the weather forecast and the decision was made...The Nelli gets an outing for the daily commute for the first time this year.

The usual monotony of a 45 min drive became a 20 min pleasure.

Couple of niggles though...

First of all I've never had such a struggle to get the bike started. Took 4 attempts and had to let it run for a while before I could kick into 1st gear without it stalling. Not a major worry though. Have stretched its legs plenty over the winter but only at weekends when the weather permits so a sluggish start is to be expected.

The real worry was once I got on my way I found neutral 4 times (every set of lights) pulling away attempting to shift up from first to second. Its happened occasionally before but I've never had this on such a regular basis. We all know how elusive neutral is so I'm wondering if this is a problem developing. Some nasty crunching the 4th time it happened as I tried to kick it into gear.

Sitting at lights I saw a quite a few spanking new R1's R6's, Blades and BMW's....obviously been some tidy oil bonuses being paid out in Aberdeen over the winter and a lot of guys must have had the same idea as me this morning...part of me was thinking how nice it was be to be able to take my throbbing left hand off the clutch like these lads...then again wouldn't life be dull if everything worked the way it ought to.

Oh well, I still arrived at work with a a huge grin on my face...roll on 5pm! :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Spring??? It's rolling into summer here. Mid 70's and sunny everyday. Spent yesterday looking for clouds but couldn't find any. Will try again today and let you know how I made out. ;) Great to see the rest of the world getting their bikes out. We have incredible weather right now, but the roads are too damn straight. Takes about an hour to get to good twisty roads. Problem is they're the wrong way from anywhere I have to go. :doh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts