Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris at Chain Gang can make any rear you want. A 43 tooth will set you back about AUD125. It's case hardened, and with a top quality chain you should get 40-50k out of them - as long as you look after them, and change the front at 20-25k.

Chris hasn't found an alternative to the front. He's tried Ducati & Aprilia without success. So the search continues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought that someone said that the TNT front will go right on and work with no issues. Any comments?????

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sprockets

apparently theirs none in OZ Joel, hence our interest in having some made, yeah as far as i know the tnt and tre CS sprockets are the same fit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: sprockets

Never fear lads ....... Big Bad Al is here:D

Give B&C Express (Renthal UK distributers) a call as I've just had confirmation that they can make sprockets for the Tornado:D I'm going to place an order for a 15 tooth front with them (machined from one which would fit a Duc 999) for only £27.40 (a tad over $68 Ozzie bucks) although this doesn't include delivery.
They can make one from scratch for the rear too. I was quoted a price of £33.50 ($83 Ozzie bucks) for one which was 'just off the lathe' or for an additional £7.05 ($17.50 Ozzie bucks) you can have it finished to a high standard and anodised a nice bronzie colour;)

Happy days:smokin

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Front Sprocket

Front Sprocket Alternatives - 14,15,16 tooth 525:-

Ducati use a similar front sprocket on many models, including

944 Sport Tourismo ST2, 916 Strada Biposto, 916 SPS Sport Production, 992 ST3, 996, 998, 999 .....

Ducati Part Number 449-102-71A

JT Sprockets Part Number JTF740-14, JTF740-15, JTF740-16
also (I believe - you'll have to check this in the AFAM (Japan) Sprocket List )
AFAM Part Number 52608-15

The boss is offset, and needs to be machined down by 7mm to fit, but otherwise it is a much cheaper alternative.

Heat treating the teeth will extend the life by heaps.

Chain Gang recommend changing the front sprocket half way through the life of the chain & rear.

If you want to go to a 520 chain (for racing), there is an alternative there as well. Needs machining both sides though. JTF737-15, Ducati part Number 449-100-71A, suits the '90-'93 917 Paso Sports

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Front Sprocket

I used a sprocket for a MV Agusta on my Tre 900 without any modifications.

The offset of the sprocket is slightly off, but not enough to warrent modification in my opinion.

·
224 Posts
Which Model/Year MV Agusta front sprocket did you use?

When you mention it being a little off set, can you explain what you mean here? How many mm off is it? Is the thickness/width OK, or is this off also?

I have had good luck on occassion using shims to get correct centering of front sprockets. If the MV one is close, maybe a shim of correct thickness can set it right on track?

What would you need to do to the MV sprocket to get it spot on? Maybe a bit of grinding on a collar and/or a shim or 2?

thanks for any info to clarify this

:bow:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to be a few months late. I don't get on here too often.

I used a 2005 F4-1000 front sprocket. But it doesn't matter because if I remember correctly all MV's use the same front sprocket.

If I remember correctly, the sprocket is a 520 sprocket. The offset is slightly off but you can't shim it, you would need to grind about 1-2mm off of it. I was going to do so, but decided that I could live with the chain being slightly off and just replace the chain more often.

Which Model/Year MV Agusta front sprocket did you use?

When you mention it being a little off set, can you explain what you mean here? How many mm off is it? Is the thickness/width OK, or is this off also?

I have had good luck on occassion using shims to get correct centering of front sprockets. If the MV one is close, maybe a shim of correct thickness can set it right on track?

What would you need to do to the MV sprocket to get it spot on? Maybe a bit of grinding on a collar and/or a shim or 2?

thanks for any info to clarify this

:bow:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guy's,

I have the following sprockets that I want to sell, most are brand new, others little use. They are in 520 size and will fit Tornado, RS and TnT.
The rears are alloy AFAM's, some gold, some grey.

I want $20 aud for each front and $50 ea for the rears, only thing is.... you have to take them all :)

I think a TnT owner will want the 16,37,38,39,40.

A Tornado or RS owner will want the 15,41,42,43,44,45

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, they can be collected from Cosway Kawasaki in Elizabeth St.

Regards, John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts