Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a buyer flying over from England to Guernsey on Sat morning to buy my Tornado. It's been sat under cover in the garage for two months thanks to our great summer and me buying my new Harley. So I just went to start it the other day. All the ignition lights came on but nothing happened when I pressed the 'on' button.

I thought it might be the battery so I charged that up with my Maximiser.

Tried to start it just now and still nothing.

It's not the obvious engine cut-off red button, or the kickstand switch (disconnected it just in case). (Asked the dealer, Trev and...) I checked the fuses under the seat, took them all out and put them all back in, swapped a few spare ones around in case and still - Nothing. Took the starter motor relay out and swapped it with the spare one. Nothing. Squirted WD40 over the starter motor, gave it a load of taps with a rubber hammer (used to work on old cars according to Dad but...) - nothing. Took the ignition switch apart, squirted WD40 in it - nothing.

Jumped up and down on the bike (used to work with the ZXR400) - nothing. Tried a push start down the garden. Nothing.

Has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hah! I fixed it! After reading in the workshop manual that the clutch lever has a sensor on it too, I had a fiddle with that and the thing fired up straight away. Actually, I think I might not have been pulling the clutch in enough now I'm used to another bike??!!! :doh:

·
Registered
83 Posts
:rolling: Glad ya fixed it Phil, The chap picking her up is a lucky man. If your ever in wiltshire with a spare 200 hrs give me a shout. I got a nice little job that will use that time up for ya ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts