Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Now the recall is done with a changed starter, battery and new wiring from the starter. Its turning better now but the bike still have big problems when it is warm and I try to start it. If I leave it for 10 min, warm, then its impossible. The battery is sucked dry in a few turns.

Now my dealer tells me that another recall has been made, including a geardrive from the starter-motor to the crank. The geardrive has been ordered from Italy.

Does Anyone know if is will fix my starting problems? Or is it a problem with the fueling?

Thanks
Poul

·
5,934 Posts
The 1130 had a change to it's starter drive ratios, to reduce the the power required to spin the motor over. It improved it.

The other thing to check is the alternator drive shaft & Z25 gear. The original didn't run concentric, and had too little backlash. When it heated up, the clearance reduced, and bound the gears.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Do you know if is a recall with the starter ratio and the alternator?

When the engine is warm, the alternator makes about 14,2+ V measured over the battery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have just picked up my tnt from service today. they changed starter gear, the gear on one-way clutch and the bearing inside of the freewheeler. also new (updated) starter installed. the bike starts like never before, starting is really smooth (I would say like japanese bike) and so far no hot start problem, but it was not an issue even before it broke. I do not have latest alternator shaft and the Z25 gear installed (as its shown in my thread about the broken starter gear).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello,

My TNT is a ’04 additionally to the factory upgrades I have rewired the circuit battery-starter-alternator with thicker wires.
I don’t know what year’s model is your bike but in late models the air temp. sensor is fitted behind the clocks.
I have repositioned the air inlet sensor from the filter box to the front (behind the rpm & speed indicators). The sensor at its original place is getting wrong air temperature measurements. When the bike is stationery after a ride and engine is turned off, the heat rising from the engine is deceiving the sensor and consequentially the ECU gives wrong air fuel rations. If you try to fire up the engine will not start until the temperature is reduced.
If you make this mod. you must get the proper connectors to extent the wires of the sensor and use good quality cable to avoid increasing the total resistant that the ECU ‘sees’.
Here in Greece we get very high temps during summertime but I don’t face any start up problems any more, since I did the mod. couple of years ago.
Hope this works for you also.

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engenia: I think the same 'bout the alternator, 14,2 V seems fine. Benelli has accepted to ship the gear ratio as a freebi.

jtrianta: Thanks, Ill try it when I get my hands on it again.

Ill keep you posted :)

Thanks again
Poul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Result

Hi

Time for an update. The dealer had done the mod jtrianta told about an since it has not been a problem at fire up :D

The Z35 gear is a freebi from Italy but simehow I sence that the dealer has lost money on me this time and will try to collect later when the Z25 gear is due to install...

Thanks for the hints :) :) :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello

How is Greece?

Do you have a new link for the TNT workshop manual I have tried the link on this site and it does not work.

Cheers from down under.

Hello,

My TNT is a ’04 additionally to the factory upgrades I have rewired the circuit battery-starter-alternator with thicker wires.
I don’t know what year’s model is your bike but in late models the air temp. sensor is fitted behind the clocks.
I have repositioned the air inlet sensor from the filter box to the front (behind the rpm & speed indicators). The sensor at its original place is getting wrong air temperature measurements. When the bike is stationery after a ride and engine is turned off, the heat rising from the engine is deceiving the sensor and consequentially the ECU gives wrong air fuel rations. If you try to fire up the engine will not start until the temperature is reduced.
If you make this mod. you must get the proper connectors to extent the wires of the sensor and use good quality cable to avoid increasing the total resistant that the ECU ‘sees’.
Here in Greece we get very high temps during summertime but I don’t face any start up problems any more, since I did the mod. couple of years ago.
Hope this works for you also.

Cheers.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts