Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On certain corners at a certain speed i find my tnt is starting to loose a bit of stability

It could be suspension related and im not great at set up but i actually feel its down to no damper, ive had a small tank slapper already

Its the 899 i have can anyone tell me how to fit a damper to this bike?

pics would be nice if poss

·
Registered
736 Posts
On certain corners at a certain speed i find my tnt is starting to loose a bit of stability

It could be suspension related and im not great at set up but i actually feel its down to no damper, ive had a small tank slapper already

Its the 899 i have can anyone tell me how to fit a damper to this bike?

pics would be nice if poss
The bracket is already on the headstock and you will need to get a clamp for the fork leg. A tornado damper will be the correct length.
Here is a Matris fitted to mine.
I have a spare Tre bracket for the damper if you need it but most come with one.
a.JPG

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers i was actually looking at that post tonight wondering what the ! it was for lol

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I thought most Nellis came with a damper as standard. Never noticed the 899 never had one fitted:confused:

Al:eek:

·
3,085 Posts
tnt dont

certain tnt's have a tab on the front of the headstock to mount one however, i believe the later tnts dont have it drilled and tapped however,

anyone got a pics of the tab with hole?

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were not supossed to go fast round corners on the Tnt:p

Mine has the post but its not drilled and tapped but thats no problem

shopping here i go:ele:

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks like its got a screw insert in it, not just tapped

mmmm problematic, will drilling and tapping be enough?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I thought most Nellis came with a damper as standard. Never noticed the 899 never had one fitted:confused:

Al:eek:
My 1130 CR doesn't have a damper.. Hell, it doesn't even have the hole tapped for one in the headstock..

I'm going to have to go get one of those brackets for the forks..
Where doesn't one buy one of those? I will tape my headstock myself and eventually put a damper on there.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Very nice Andy. Where did you get it from?

I supplied one of these to Errol a while back. Nicest bit of 'bling' I've ever laid my eyes on.:ele: :clap: :ele:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Laurie, I'm very pleased with it.

I got it from Ebay, it came with a fitting kit to suit a ZX6R so needed a fork leg clamp and a bracket manufactured to suit my bike.

I reckon its the perfect colour scheme to suit a TnT Titanium ;)

Cheers,

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts