Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I felt some clunking through the bars over bumps earlier in the week but I wasn't sure I wasn't imagining it so I let it ride.

After a couple of days it was obviously getting worse so I took it down to the service centre and they confirmed the play in the bearing and it's booked in for a fix later this week.

Mike

I'm on a first name basis with the A1 service department these days :doh:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I had a similar problem on my sport, felt just like headstock bearings…………when I investigated it turned out to be the nut that holds the top triple onto the bearing assembly. (the nut looks similar to the fork leg top nuts) when I removed the handlebars and tightened the nut I got just over 4 full turns before it was tight, (I took it completely out and put locktite on it first) you need a large allen key to turn it (which I made up due to the time available), although you could use an aluminium drift if you were brave. :doh:
terry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeap, the cluncky front doesn't feel too nice on bumps. The '06 Sport I was borrowing earlier had a slightly loose bearing as well. That's not too hard to fix, fortunately, you just need to tighten it a bit. Perhaps one of your riding buddies with a well equipped garage could do it while you wait?
The service places tend to be busy and fully booked this time of year, so simpler services are faster and easier done by DIY or BYMBWB (bribe your mechanic buddy with beer) method.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Mike, make sure they loosen the 2 socket screws (1 per leg) that hold the top triple to the fork legs before tightening the centre bolt......... yours is the 4th TNT that I know has the loose top mount problem:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts