Benelli Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
5,837 Posts
One thing you are not doing with a simple voltage check, is testing the resistance of the wiring. Your multimeter will put barely any load on the driver, so if you have a 1k resistive connection in the line, it will have no impact.
To cross connection issues off the list, measure their resistance. They should be under an ohm, but may measure a little higher depending on the resistance of your leads and the connection you make with your probe. Check that first and subtract it from you readings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's true, voltage measurements doesn't tell everything. I think I'm gonna build/buy diagnostic cable and then try to solve this issue. I have understood there is possibility to move manually stepper by Tuneecu software?

·
5,837 Posts
TuneECU and Axione both have a test mode for the stepper (& the fan). All it does is move the stepper through it's full travel and back. It won't tell you if the stepper connection is dodgy, or the ECU driver, for that you will still have to resort to resistance measurements end to end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TuneECU and Axione both have a test mode for the stepper (& the fan). All it does is move the stepper through it's full travel and back. It won't tell you if the stepper connection is dodgy, or the ECU driver, for that you will still have to resort to resistance measurements end to end.
Might be stupid question, but how am I suppose to connect tuneecu to my TNT if I have only rs232-usb adapter and Tuneecu is not available anymore for Windows? Android version works only with Bluetooth adapter? Is there any other software available which I can use with windows?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Might be stupid question, but how am I suppose to connect tuneecu to my TNT if I have only rs232-usb adapter and Tuneecu is not available anymore for Windows? Android version works only with Bluetooth adapter? Is there any other software available which I can use with windows?
Hi ,
I’m pretty sure the Android version still needs to us the cables for the Walbro ecu .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi ,
I’m pretty sure the Android version still needs to us the cables for the Walbro ecu .
This is what I also understood by reading forum and also Lonelec sells only cable version. I build cable yesterday but then I got stuck with this software issue

·
Registered
652 Posts
He sells a usb to rs232 adaptor, then you need an otg adaptor for your Android device. I prefer the windows version but have both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I connected now successfully with old windows version but idle speed valve test is not available for some reason as you can see on photos, or did I miss something? What I noticed was that TPS doesn't go zero, even manual tick over is fully closed.. reset required? I think I will get OTG adapter next and test with android version

bike running idle: Idle valve position 21? that value was moving between 15-22 when bike was running

Attachments

·
5,837 Posts
.. idle speed valve test is not available for some reason
Some things look like they aren't available, but actually are. Have a play.
... TPS doesn't go zero, even manual tick over is fully closed.
The ECU needs to know at what TPS position the throttle is closed. It won't coincide with TPS=0.

It can't hurt resetting the TPS, just make sure you do it with the throttles fully closed. Check them with a thin sliver of paper. Thermal printer paper works well - the kind you get a receipt printed on at the store. Test each in turn. Each butterfly should stop the paper from sliding through. If the paper slips though, the butterfly isn't closed.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts