Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m now bald after pulling all of my hair out! I’ve tried a second Ecu replaced faulty relay and fixed a broken wire and still no power whatsoever to the fuel pump or ignition system. I now understand how it works but there is no trigger from the Ecu to the fuse box or relay the switches on the fuel pump or ignition system. Please please please can anyone help me? I’m in Exeter Devon.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well I’m now bald after pulling all of my hair out! I’ve tried a second Ecu replaced faulty relay and fixed a broken wire and still no power whatsoever to the fuel pump or ignition system. I now understand how it works but there is no trigger from the Ecu to the fuse box or relay the switches on the fuel pump or ignition system. Please please please can anyone help me? I’m in Exeter Devon.
What happens when you put the key in the ignition and turn it on? Is the bike fitted with an alarm ?if so can you arm and the disarm the alarm . normal one beep to disarm and two to arm it. Key on, clocks should sweep to max and back ,all the idiot lights should glow then go out, digital dash showing everything and then reverting to mileage , trip, fuel guage etc. pump should buzz and then stop on pressurizing the fuel rail. Clutch in and bike should crank and start. What have you got ? Does the bike crank on the starter button ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi Rob ,
Are you sure you haven't put the main positive feed wires on the wrong terminal at the solenoid?...... im asking this as i had done that once and it drove me mental for a week !... you'll know for sure if you bridge them with the ignition on and out of gear ..
worth a try

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are start solenoids of the type used on the Benelli in both left and right hand configurations. This picture might help explain. The battery cable must go to the terminal B with the contact lug for the fuse holder or there will be no power to the main fuse. The side marked M, without the fuse contact lug, goes to the starter.
Product Camera accessory Cameras & optics Gadget Digital camera

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
There are start solenoids of the type used on the Benelli in both left and right hand configurations. This picture might help explain. The battery cable must go to the terminal B with the contact lug for the fuse holder or there will be no power to the main fuse. The side marked M, without the fuse contact lug, goes to the starter.
Interesting and good spot. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts