Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19th of july since my TNT broke down in France :bawl: got it back to the uk on the 6th of August since then been sitting at my dealers still waiting for parts :mad: good old Lloyd (reddogs) is on the case for me but bloody hell Iv'e missed most of the summer why does it take the benelli factory over 8 weeks to send spares to a dealer!!! or is the communication breakdown UK based.....aaaaagggghhh!!!!!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Still waiting too!

I've been waiting 5 weeks so far for a z25 gear and alternator shaft. :mad: Luckily these parts are to fit to prevent the chance of a wrecked engine as they have not failed on my bike. The parts have been ordered by DK Motorcycles and they say that MotoGB cannot give them a date of expected arrival! :(

·
Registered
736 Posts
19th of july since my TNT broke down in France :bawl: got it back to the uk on the 6th of August since then been sitting at my dealers still waiting for parts :mad: good old Lloyd (reddogs) is on the case for me but bloody hell Iv'e missed most of the summer why does it take the benelli factory over 8 weeks to send spares to a dealer!!! or is the communication breakdown UK based.....aaaaagggghhh!!!!!
In this day and age that is unacceptable.
What parts are you waiting for? Is this warranty work of are you paying for the pleasure?
I do have quite a few parts, let me know what you need.
Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately this seems to be the norm for Benellis.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warranty runs out March 2009……. alternator shaft and sprocket assy, clutch basket (due to the alternator shaft machining the teeth down on my one) and oil pump, yep you guessed it the good old alternator disaster.:mad: :doh:

·
463 Posts
Thats why i got rid of mine, 5 mths off the road waiting for parts which shouldnt have failed in the first place!:mad:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello simon (Hector) me old mucker hows it hanging..................
still running the tuono?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Parts...argh

I also have been waiting for parts.

Currently waiting for the IACV over 1 month and the lower SPORT EVO fairing and bracket over 5 months.:doh:

I just don't get it:confused: . Who is dropping the ball is it Benelli Italy or is it the dealer network.

I know for a fact that I could do a better job in the customer service area than Benelli of America is currently doing.:rolleyes:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fact that you guys in the USA and OZZ are having the same problem makes me think it must be the Benelli factory that are dragging there little Italian feet!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unacceptable

As Italy is part of the EU, isn't there some way that pressure can be put on Benelli, via an MEP or whatever?

With what's been going on around the world, you have to question their financial stability, which could be the reason behind the problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is actually the reason for me not buying a TNT this summer, im waiting for next season and wait and see this is a problem that will be there next year.

If so, im not buying a TNT even though i love it.

·
463 Posts
Hey Terry, didnt get a Tuono, got a gsxr750 instead( more suited to track days) not as special but what a bike!, would love another TNT but the parts and problems dont seem to be getting a whole lot better, has this disillusioned you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suspect its a mix of both the dealer network and Benelli. Given its a global issue its not just the dealers. I waited 9mths for parts on mine but I was fortunate enough that they didnt keep me off the road.
We all agree theres no excuse for the delays but equally theres not really any excuse for the mechanical/electrical issues either; even Alfa Romeo have had that sorted for 10+years

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree, but what are we going to do about it? Thoughts anyone?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Terry have you had any joy with your bike yet?Zebo.
Yep picked the bike up last Saturday :ele: :ele: took it out for a quick 150mile run on Sunday all seems well.... only thing I noticed was its unbelievable appetite for petrol probably due to it only being 8deg air temp …………even though it took nearly 14 weeks a big thank you to Reddog and Lloyd I must also say a big thanks to the boys for making the bike look immaculate before I turned up. :)
They replaced clutch basket, alternator shaft etc etc but most importantly oil pump Lloyd said when they inspected it, it was badly scored (which would have lowered my oil pressure dramatically when the engine was up to normal temp) I am going to try and put a few more miles on her this weekeng to make sure everything is ok.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cafe racer

also just got mine back after a blast to spain and back poor thing wouldnt tick over on return bike had just been serviced by that place in edenbridge bike was still under warrenty was told by a benelli dealer in the south warrenty work bikes take back of the que as money from quote proper jobs are more important .
on that note i dealt with a dealer in hammersmith who when sorted it got new parts fast ,coils,tick over cables engine parts etc said this bike who ever seviced it before must have just took the money as all settings etc way out ,would highly recommend this dealer as they also now look after my tre after my 3cyl came back from a service in edenbridge after a service running on 2 being told prob ecu lol.suprise was a plug cap .
so want fantastic service reasonable prices 1st class no bullshit mechanic who gets it right and there harts in the brand then the customer then the money try them

good old harry nash well done

1 - 20 of 20 Posts