Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys, my friend’s ‘04 TnT was stolen last Sunday :( :( :( :(

Frame number 100343 colour: green (Greek Number plate IOY250). Hope that they took it for a ride only (just to touch the dream) and it’s not already travelling of former eastern country. No offence for anyone that is lockted in shuch a country but many stolen car & bikes end up there. It’s very difficult to sale this bike in parts locally because the sold TnTs in Greece are not many.

p.s. it has a few scratches on the right radiator plastic.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Fu##ing Wa##ers:beat:

Hope they get a sexual disease and their dicks drop off soon !:soapbox:

<<<<<< deep breath >>>>>>>>

Phew, for a minute their I was gonna rant like a loony !!!

Seriously tho - I hope your mate gets it back soon (undamaged)
If not - then judging by folks experiences on here - its probably worth more on the insurance value - so he can buy another and hopefully have a few quid in his pocket left over.
I know its not much of a consolation - but you never know - it may work out all OK

·
5,898 Posts
Register of stolen Benelli bikes?

I wonder if there's something we could do about this? We're a small community. Maybe we could put a register of stolen Benelli's on this forum - just frame & engine numbers. Anyone looking for spares, or maybe a 2nd hand bike off ebay, could check the forum register before purchasing, and alert authorities if not bona fide.
I've always thought that my Tre was relatively safe from theft, as it would be difficult to on-sell. Every owner knows everyone else (or nearly).
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Engenia,

That is a fantastic idea, I would be devastated if one of my bikes was half inched(more so for my Benelli). jtrianta I really hope your mate manages to get his bike back unscathed, and the thiefing gypsy's that stole it get whats due to them. :( :mad: :(

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Bonzer Idea Errol, how about it Roland, It's gotta be worth a go?

jtrianta, I suppose your mate will be keeping an eagle eye on ebay for the next few weeks, just in case :mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Guys

Thanx Guys for your understanding I will transfer you good thought & comments to my friend. The registration is a good idea although only two TnTs ware stolen around the globe (I think the other one was in Italy). Its going to be a shame if they stole the bike just to take the wheels, brakes,fork and the rest ends up in the bottom of the sea.

Cheers

·
5,898 Posts
One way to protect individual parts of a bike (or anything, for that matter) is to use Data Dots. They are about the size of large grains of sand, and you spray / glue them to wherever you like. Each dot has a unique number that is registered to the owner & resides on a database. They fluoresce under UV, so can be found by the authorities. The sheer number of them, deters re-sale, because you can never be sure that they have all been removed.
This was just about the first "modification" I did to my Tre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts