Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Oh dear ..
definitely a few hours cleaning up there ..
I’ve a very good used sprag clutch and used updated z25 gear with shaft if required . Only taken of my bike as my crank has an issue . :(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Ah, so the one currenly in there was with a belleville washer, so would it be fair to say that its been upgraded in the past? when I took the retaining bolt off from the alternator side, i could do that with just my fingers and there was no evidence of threadlock compound on it at all! fair to say bolts worked loose, shaft moving while engine was running and banging about which caused to shear?

Pierre
I’d say they would all come loose without Loctite added . Weather it’s the updated shaft or the original version.
Even the new updated ones will work loose without it and that is probably why yours snapped as the shaft end migrates towards the clutch and the drive gear on the outside. The clutch starts to chew it up as well as putting pressure on the shaft. Possibly causing it to snap , twist , bend ect .

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hmm… I’d re trace your steps as Glynn says to check you’ve installed the Z25 correctly first without any movement towards clutch or alternator.
when I replaced my gearbox mid covid I ran my bike briefly without the clutch fitted to check for other nasty noises … which they’re weren’t. So it is possible.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Oki doki, one problem solved and another encountered!

Z25 fine, happy days.

Stripped clutch and rebuilt making headway, however...

In neutral all spins freely, however in any gear its locked. Clutch lever works and operates basket but still locks out... Haven't fired up just in case the gearbox is toast.. Help!!!

Pierre
Ahh ok .. remove the clutch plates from the basket , only leave the clutch basket attached to the engine then try to engage all the gears by rotating the rear wheel off the floor ..
if you can’t select all the gears both up and down the box several times I’d say there’s an issue with something inside the box . Possibly a stray piece of Z25 at best..
I’m assuming you’ve taken the sump off to clear it and the oil strainer out ? :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hmm … just listened to those two clips .
That noise most definitely isn’t normal.
sounds like something is too tight or is under pressure.
Did you remove the cam chain adjuster at all ?… If so I’d take it out reset it and bolt it back on then fit the spring and retaining bolt .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts