Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been a few weeks ownership now & must say I am really impressed with the TRE. :) Had a new set of clocks fitted by Streffords, Worcs ( thanks Nathan:bow: !!! ) & this appears to have solved the problem.

What I am starting this thread for is I am experiencing a very strange vibration coming up through the frame / seat area from about 65mph upwards. Been upto 105mph this morning & it appeared to follow right the way through the range from 65 onwards.:doh:

Pretty sure it's not wheel vibration but it is getting worse each time I ride the bike ( not in my head .... I'm sure of it !!! ) :confused:

Question to you all is has anyone else come across this same feeling .... I know they do have some vibration but this is getting noticeably worse.:doh:

Appreciate some feedback on the above please !:bow:

Thanks
Mark from Hereford

·
Registered
256 Posts
Strange vibration

Seen many things on this forum ref vibrations....the most recent is the "knocking from front" thread. This thread details a few causes, mainly loose engine mount bolts, which get looser and vibs increase.

Suggest you give the bike a thorough check for loose bolts as a safely check asap, and don't forget brake calipers. Also check the chain - too tight or slack will not be good, but rough spots on the "o" ring chains will cause a vibration. Bar ends loose and inbalanced wheels can too, and these can all be speed relative and behave slightly differnetly on each bike.

let us know how you get on:D

·
1,228 Posts
Engine Mounts

Second that. Make sure you check all engine mounts. There is one that has been loose on a few Tres and tightening found immediate shake relief.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
mine shakes too but that's usually caused by me when I catch a glimps of myself in a shop window:rolling: Damn I'm sexy:D

Al (Still shaking):eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts