Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am going to the bike show at the nec so planing to get a CAN there now i need to know if most of the stubby cans from the r6 fit i sort of know that they do slip on and i will have to make a bracket just the ones to stay clear from would help thanks once again peeps (ps i would like to see the different CANS you all have so let me see them pics ) :excited:

·
Registered
513 Posts
hey guys i am going to the bike show at the nec so planing to get a CAN there now i need to know if most of the stubby cans from the r6 fit i sort of know that they do slip on and i will have to make a bracket just the ones to stay clear from would help thanks once again peeps (ps i would like to see the different CANS you all have so let me see them pics ) :excited:
There you go one picture is fitted the other is the exhaust offered up its
f$%king loud and I mean LOUD louder than anything on my mille t595....:clap:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

that looks good mate i nearly got one of ebay earlier this week but wanted to wait till the nec and thanks for the pic shown how to fit one

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Remus does it for me...

Kurt's Remus gets my vote. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The R6 Akrapper looks almost too stubby - it's barely visible!? And I suspect would be too loud for my neighbours!

The Remus looks fab: makes the Tornado look a bit more modern and tidies up the rear end.

Must arrange a(nother) trip to Bennetts... :D

Dom

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
r6

so are all these off r6's and can you tell me what year on from that they fit i have got an idea of what i want now (but i want to see more )

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Kurt's Remus gets my vote. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Get's my vote too.... I could be a little biased as I've already got one fitted. :rolling: Russ IS the man.... :clap:

The Remus PowerCone fitted is, I think, model / part: 5782 100554

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
That Remus Can suited Kurts bike tremendously and with Russ's hard work and bracket you would think it was made for the Tornado :clap: :clap: A big thanks to Russ for putting in the effort where exhaust manufacturers didnt , Sounds good too and i heard it on his and lost Soul's RS , It was a work in project when i had my Tre but seeing as my RS has the Titanium i may wait a while before doing this to it.(memo to me have wife scratch my titanium and i can then shout at her & order the kurt style stubby before making wife polish my old end ! ).

·
Registered
864 Posts
(memo to me have wife scratch my titanium and i can then shout at her & order the kurt style stubby before making wife polish my old end ! ).

Angus! this is a family forum ;) and you are asking your wife to polish your stubby old end! :blur: ......... between you and me.... i've paid for less :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Neil I have just re read my reply and god i dont believe i worded so smutty :eek: and anyway who said its stubby last time i looked it was very long .....:rolling:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
nice

i do like the look of that Remus can, I have a feeling that they come in differant lengths, those that have fitted one, does it go straight on or are there bracket mods to be done & what map is the best to run it on???? my RS has the titanium can on it at the moment, it sounds great as it iis but it looks a bit old school :) :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Biased of Course

I have the Remus on my RS curtosy of the Radical Rusty and Clever Kieth (the boy is my hero).

Special bracket required and a quick remap. No idea what the mapping was, but it does improve the bike. I cheated and got the dynamic duo to do mine - Now which one is Batman and which one Robin !

Life is to short to take the fairings of a Tre :)

p.s. there are a dozen photos of it in my gallery

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Yummy

Looks good mate, is it louder than the standard can???

·
Registered
404 Posts
Noise

Yes it is but not offence no problem on 98db track days - thats with the baffle in!!

To me it sounds great, well did until a Coils stick went. then sounded like a tractor

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yes it is but not offence no problem on 98db track days - thats with the baffle in!!

To me it sounds great, well did until a Coils stick went. then sounded like a tractor
Blimey - my standard Tre can clocked exactly 105 db at Castle Combe recently. I have suspected that they hold the mike a bit close, as they have a major problem with whingeing neighbours - y'know, the type who buy a house next to a race track and then complain about the noise :confused: -and their continued planning consent to run the track is dependent on no breaches of the noise regs. Last year they clocked my Fazer 1000 with a full Akra system, with baffles in, at 111 db's! I had to take the baffle out, wrap it with muffler padding and re-fit it to scrape in at 105. A guy was there with a Manx Norton, and he failed, although he has ridden most of the tracks in the country and never failed anywhere else. At Silverstone a couple of weeks ago, Rodder's Tre sounded quite quiet on the track compared with many of the bikes there, and they have a 105 db limit.

So watch out if you want to do a track day at Castle Combe, you may fail the noise test!

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
r6

well guy's i am ready to buy my can but can you tell me what year on on the r6 i can get 06 - on i hope let me know asap thanx

1 - 20 of 51 Posts