Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then guys

I know several folk off here have expressed interest in replacing the huge standard can off the Tornado with something a little more 'modern'

Well have a look at the can below and I need to know who is definately interested.

As for the price - well, I havent got a clue yet - but the Remus exhaust itself is the same one for the new R6 I believe (so we can all get a budget price for the can), but the cost will be to pay someone (someone who is very very good with Benelli's ;) ) to devise a fuelling map for the ECU - it is my understanding that this will take some considerable time to perfect this for road use

If you guys can PM with an idea of what the maximum you would pay for the lot - incl. the end can +brackets and the fuelling map then I can have a little chat with a man in the know and see if I can talk him into it.

If I cant talk this guy into it then I will tell you who it is so you can all pester him until he eventually gives in !! :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kurt P the marketing man for Bennetts:D :D :D :D :D

I've told you when it works I will let you all know and have a price for the full kit;) ;)

:clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Kurt P the marketing man for Bennetts:D :D :D :D :D

I've told you when it works I will let you all know and have a price for the full kit;) ;)

:clap: :clap:

LOL, Russ, I don't think it was that hard to work out who he was touting business for, rest assured, if I still have the Tornado by the time work is completed on this I will be heading to Yorkshire for a bit of work to be done!

PM on its way to you for a little advice on a variety of subjects if you would be so kind!

Andy

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK OK OK leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the deal, as most of you know I've been working on a GP style exhaust for the Tornado's at present the fittings are OK and work with the standard footrest (trying it with rearsets) PROBLEM is the tuned length of the exhaust causes running issues. I can run a race map using a version of a special Rusty map but this means the tick over of the bike has to be raised to 4000RPM :mad: :mad: :mad: this is obviously no good for road use. SHIT (they also spit flames from the pipe which looks cool)

As some of you are aware in the UK we have had rain rain and rain:mad: this has made it very difficult for any R & D work I need to do. Dyno runs are promising but the road/track test is the real proving ground. :rolleyes: And don't forget Arrow, Remus, Power Commander etc etc spend £££££££ on R & D work before they release there products so trying to do this from a small family business is quite a challenge:bawl: but I'll crack it:clap:

Please please bare with me, when it's ready and it works you will all know;) ;) ;)

Kind Regards
Rusty Russ.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry and thank you Russmeister :bow:

I know I appreciate your work, efforts and enthusiasm for all that is Benelli - and I am sure many others off here do too.

Big thanks again for sorting out the clutch basket mod :bow:

(I reckon you should be able to flog a good few of them when the map is sorted and be able to retire on the proceeds to some far off carribean island :ele: :ele: :ele: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts