Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

Since youre such a helpful lot, i thought id ask you first.

Well by the end of the year i will be based back in iom finally, and at least once a month will have to travel to london.

So was considering getting myself a cheap tourer and doing that instead of planes trains and automobiles thing.

So my garage would consist of

Benelli Tornado RS ( if I ever get it back) :doh:
Aprilia RS250 converted to track bike and then perhaps RS 500 :clap:

And

Suggestions, budget max 1000

Ive had a pan euro before and loved it , but its outside budget.,

So was thinking

95ish vfr 750
90s cbr1000
90s zzr1100
90s gsxf750

Im looking for cheap, reliable and comfortable to ride from liverpool/heysham down to kingston in london, doesnt have to be the sexiest bike in the world just functional

Preferably something i can get hard panniers to fit and ditch at the office to use the bike around london etc or other areas of england should the mood or work take me

cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
I reckon you are not going to get a bike good enough for what you want for a grand. You will probably be better off with the nelli and a rucksack:ele: :ele:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So going by current statistics, id need the AA 4 times , 2 on the way down and two on the way back :doh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
VFR. Bulletproof, cheap, comfortable, lots of luggage options....

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Try a zzr600 if you cant find anything for the grand in the bigger quarters as these do really go cheap and have no issues except brakes but then all would if left standing.seen a few with luggage on ebay for £900 ish . what about an old bmw as well as they are plodders and should stand up to your demands and usually come with krausers on most older style twins or even k series.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah was thinking about and older bmw, but at the moment the vfr is the prefered choice,

triumph trophy anyone??

·
Fyule
697 Posts
my mate is selling a bandit 600, the half faired version, I think he wants about £1K. Not sexy but it would do the job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts