Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Sunderland and Newcastle.

Despite being 7 months pregnant the wife has very kindly agreed to let me out to play this weekend on a stagger:ele: :ele: .
Plan is to hit Newcastle Friday night then, and as the stag is a big Sunderland fan, we're off to the Stadium of Light to watch Sunderland play Blackburn on Sat afternoon and then back to Newcastle for more ale on Sat night.

Being a clean living, non smoking country gent these days this will be my first real beer fest for nearly a year (Although it was an opportunity to drink lots the Scottish gathering doesn't count as I was with the father in law and he isn't a big drinker and so I didn't want to be scoofing too much there).

How my body is going ot take this I've no idea but what the hell...you're only young, (well middle aged now I guess) once.

I'll keep my eyes open for Stephen and co and be careful when crossing the roads for 1198's with shredded tyres...any tips on top venues in Newcastle would be much appreciated as I've only ever been there during the day with work so no idea about the nightlife.

Geordie biscuits:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well, Sunderland and Newcastle.

Despite being 7 months pregnant the wife has very kindly agreed to let me out to play this weekend on a stagger:ele: :ele: .
Plan is to hit Newcastle Friday night then, and as the stag is a big Sunderland fan, we're off to the Stadium of Light to watch Sunderland play Blackburn on Sat afternoon and then back to Newcastle for more ale on Sat night.

Being a clean living, non smoking country gent these days this will be my first real beer fest for nearly a year (Although it was an opportunity to drink lots the Scottish gathering doesn't count as I was with the father in law and he isn't a big drinker and so I didn't want to be scoofing too much there).

How my body is going ot take this I've no idea but what the hell...you're only young, (well middle aged now I guess) once.

I'll keep my eyes open for Stephen and co and be careful when crossing the roads for 1198's with shredded tyres...any tips on top venues in Newcastle would be much appreciated as I've only ever been there during the day with work so no idea about the nightlife.

Geordie biscuits:clap: :clap: :clap:
:rolling: Get ya selves to 'The Big Market' at Newcastle and y'all be alright.. If ya fancy a laugh head over to the 'Pink Triangle'.. :D (not my cup of tea mind ;) ). Don't mention going to the Sunderland match whilst in Newcastle, I'm sure ya rather keep ya teeth.. Newcastle fans are still a little upset.. :rolling:

The 1098R has new boots, so be careful crossing the roads in Sunderland. :p

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The 1098R has new boots, so be careful crossing the roads in Sunderland. :p
Hmm would they be desert boots? Like, do Cleadon types qualify as 'sand-dancers'? ;)

p.s. my SFC1000 will also have new boots tomorrow :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Newcastle is one of my fav places on the planet, a great laugh is always to be had there enjoy it mate:D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Remember and get yourself a stoattie on saturday morning[full english breakfast on a rather large roll]:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nice bike Bob.. http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/laverda_sfc_2l.jpg how old is it and what boots ya putting on?
:soapbox: Wash your mouth out!
That was no Laverda, it was the design abomination where Aprilia painted an RSV1000 orange. Shocked that the Laverda community panned it, as they saw it for what it was an Aprilia Mille. Now if they had made a road-going version of the MotoGP Cube then the reception would have been very different.

Below is my SFC1000. The last of the triples (1985-88).

I've been using Bridgestone BT45 Battleaxe for a few years, and will probably use same again.
Apparently the new Avon Roadrider's are an option?
Dave has a Laverda that just sits in his gargage.. :rolleyes:
Do you know which one?

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Get your arse to the Blue Velvet club for a right eyeball feast .... luverly:rolling:

Al;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Wash your mouth out! That was no Laverda, it was the design abomination where Aprilia painted an RSV1000 orange. Shocked that the Laverda community panned it, as they saw it for what it was an Aprilia Mille. Now if they had made a road-going version of the MotoGP Cube then the reception would have been very different.
Opps.. Sorry Bob. :D Still, it does look nice in that KTM colour scheme..:rolling:

Do you know which one?
Not sure, will find out.. ;)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Come to think about it, are you sure you should even be drinking in your condition mate:confused: You need to think about the baby! I mean what happens if the labour is induced whilst you're getting a lapdance? Does that mean you'd have to pay double?:rolling:

Al:rolling:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come to think about it, are you sure you should even be drinking in your condition mate:confused: You need to think about the baby! I mean what happens if the labour is induced whilst you're getting a lapdance? Does that mean you'd have to pay double?:rolling:

Al:rolling:
ha ha, thankfully no labour signs over the weekend.

Christ what a weekend though. From lunchtime on Friday through to yesterday morning I ate 1 egg sandwich and half a pie with the rest of the weekend dedicated purely to drinking. Its is going to take a few days to recover I suspect. Newcastle is a great city though (very friendly locals) and apparently it was a good win for Sunderland on Saturday although that whole episode is a bit of a blur.
I'm getting too old for stag weekends.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts