Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To Try and work off the large Xmas dinner i cooked yesterday i decided seeing as it was glorious sunny weather i'd dig out the RS and go for an hour or two , mistake no 1 was i decided to wear my new not yet worn gloves that were so stiff i was completely unable to bend my hands easily !!!!.mistake no2 thought it was warmer than it was so wore new leathers ,boots etc and was bloody freezing (came across a girl on a 748 that said she was just as cold but dont think hubby infront would appreciate my offer of body warmth :( . Cat and Fiddle ,Long Hill and Ashbourne was the route via mums for a hot drink or eight :eek: ). Mistake no3 mithered over riding a Benelli as everyone wanted to have a look wherever i stopped . I'm very jealous of all these antipodean fellows in the warm Australian Sun ;) . Anyone else ventured out ? .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Anyone else ventured out ? .
Was going to but went for a long walk with Mrs DBMG and the dog instead. Must be getting soft in me old age.. :rolling:

·
3,085 Posts
could'nt

had a wheelborrow full of beer's to knock off, was a mild 28 degrees this xmas here in Perth, last year was 38!!, next week its gonna be 40!:bawl:

·
keeft
70 Posts
6 inches of snow on the ground (o.k just the grass now, but still only just above freezing) and enough sand and grit to make it as slippery as a skating rink, jealous of you who can ride this time of year :bawl:

Makes me want to come back to Blighty after these 13 years............ NOT!

·
1,841 Posts
Yes Angus I also went for a whizz on the RS, I did about 150mile trip to Rye and back with a group.
It was freezing and a bit slippy,but luckily I got several new pairs of pants for xmas.:)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i wouldnt of minded pants for xmas and i wont ever laugh anymore at the thought of Darmart and the warming properties of thermals after today . even more embarrassing for me is about a month ago i died my hair as i hated the greyness and looking at my pic i have a stupid look of a just for men thing going on :eek: !!.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh Shit Riding weather again today in Adelaide

My heart bleeds for you guys in the UK dont know why ya buy bikes you can hardly ever ride em by the sound of it.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Got the CR back with new Alternater done 2100 of arm stretching kms on it in just over a week ,while in for alternator they retuned it and what a difference Unbelievable power now had a couple of runs against a couple of bikes around town blew of a buell:bow: and absolutly killed a ducati 998. Poor bloke wasnt impressed asked me to pull over and chat He only bought it six months ago and he has had it back with clutch problems. So its not only nellies that have problems :ele: :clap: Going down to the Bay for those that know it (Glenelg ) for a coffee. No doubt every tom dick and harry will be checking her out again:D Listen guys would love to stay and chat more but the sun is shinning and i can hear nellie down stairs beckoning me to take her out for anouther squirt. Keep smiling and rug up:rolling: :rolling:

·
349 Posts
Lou Lou and i went for a 180 mile round trip to Dorset coast at Weymouth on Boxing Day.Not to bad on the Triumph Sprint ST with our Gerbing heated jackets and heated grips.We also wore our new Draggin denims with thermals under and we were OK but it was bloody cold!.Lou reckons the denims are warmer than leathers but i am not too sure.Better on the bike than off.The roads were nice and dry and quiet so i thoroughly enjoyed it.We didnt venture out over the last couple of days because it hasnt been over freezing and they have gritted now.We would have gone for a ride on the Tre but we both agreed that the Sprint offers better weather protection.:)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
Bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeah i went out on my rs on christmas eve, went out through castleton to buxton & dropped the back way into matlock, when i got off at matlock i was shaking like a shitting dog i was that frozen :bawl: :bawl: cos it didn't seem that cold when i got her out of the garage so i put on my leathers BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!:doh: :doh: i've never been so happy to see the welcome to sheffield sign (because normally when you see that you hit pot hole after pot hole bump after bump on our great sheffield roads :mad: :mad: )

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
my Tre is tucked up in the garage on a drip feed from the Optimate :)

However went out on Sunday on KTM into Welsh mountains above Bala. Bad idea at 1500ft+ it was -3C and everywhere was white with sheet ice!!
Ahhh! ...yep lost it good style, and there was nowhere soft to land, now nursing the bruises :bawl:
.....still, nothing broken and KTM in 1 peice, so next time must be +5C or above :rolling:
Mind you the Aussie summer would be a much better option :D

p.s. can't let it go without comment.... who's the dark haired fella above :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My secret is out .....................:eek: :eek: . You wouldnt believe how much stick i received - some even said it was a plan to get over the border into Scotland but i know i'm just a sad old g*t who doesnt like getting old - Next step is to drape 2 young nubiles off my arms as that always knocks years off yer ...... young blonde ladies please apply giving skimpy photos to....... home for old guys care of ...:rolling: . hope you are ok there Bob braving the welsh countryside in Green Lane Mode - now thats guts for yer :bow: .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
........hope you are ok there Bob braving the welsh countryside in Green Lane Mode - now thats guts for yer :bow: .
Angus, thanks :) ...but methinks it is the stupidy of that something+ age that has left areas of body swollen and turning yellow, owww :eek:
wouldn't mind, once I saw the sxtreme conditions I actually made decision to take it easy, hmmm something went wrong :doh: :rolling: :rolling:

·
349 Posts
Lou and i went to brighton for a couple of nights at the weekend.Went in the car.Saw a Green/Silver Tornado riding in Brighton on Friday afternoon.Nice day Saturday but bloody cold Sunday.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts