Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, I recentley noticed that my bikes suspension looks like it was played with. :mad:

What are the factory settings for the TNT sport?

Thank You

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Page 47 of user manual.
Here is a copy of the settings.

Paul

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, which section do I use? :confused:

I see six categorys under Sport-Titanium which state standard and sport.
I also see the same under Cafe' Racer which state standard and sport.

Do they mean standard street riding settings and sport riding settings?

Also do these adjustments have to be done with the front wheel off the ground? Should I return the settings for the Spring and Rebound to there starting positions first and adjust the Spring Preload first and then the Rebound damper or does this even matter.

Thank You

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
The standard I suspect is for a more plush ride and the sport is for more aggressive riding.
Here is a link that will explain a bit more on suspension and how to set it up.
suspension

It is difficult to measure the free length of the spring in place, so don't bother.
What I did was checked and adjusted the sag (by the way I have virtually no static sag):rolling: (don't start now boy's)
I made the rider sag 30mm. Oh. use three people. One to measure, one to hold the bike and you sitting on it with both hands on the bars.
Holding yourself up using a wall will change your weight distribution (back to front)

I had to back the preload off a few turns to accomplish this. I then checked and wrote down each of the rebound and compression settings front and rear. All of these are amount of turns backed out from the in position.
Your front preload is measured from the adjuster turned all the way out and then to the in position.

I did not do the sag setup on the front, but the way they did it with a cable tie on the front slider. Setting was 7 turns in.
All my other settings I set to sport (cafe racer) Rode it on Sunday and it was much better.
Most of my previous riding was with a pillion, and the suspension was good.
Found out on Saturday that solo was too firm so decided to fix it for Sunday.:clap:

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nut?

I won't have my bike for a few days while it is getting a new map. I need to know what the is size of the nut that makes adjustments to the front suspension spring preload. I found a company that makes a custom piece that is used to adjust the nut quickly.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts