Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one. Another puzzler for yer?
SVA on every Nelli...
Does this mean your buying an import and not a vehicle designed for the UK. As in not Uk spec. :confused:
You would need to declare this to your insurance as an unofficial import. Serious stuff for insurance cover I would pressume??? :eek:

Am I correct anyone?:confused:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi-ho-sva and awayyyy

Well no.
Jap bikes imported through a dealer network are offical bikes even though they are Jap's.;)
I bort an import SVA'd Scooby WRX a while back and I've had a few SVA's!:rolleyes:
I had to declare them as import to the insurance company due to body panels being difficult to source and costs would be higher to repair!:(

So...anyone else worried??:(

·
Registered
157 Posts
heard a few guys saying that when they went for to mot their tornado that the headlight was dipping to the right instead of the left , this would prove it as an import ,
my bike 09 reg dips to the left as it should so i would hope all the bike would conform to uk law.

·
Registered
113 Posts
here we go again with everyone casting doubt, as usual, so here is the official and CORRECT information

The 900 Tre is now an old model and as such when manufactured the certificate of conformity was for Euro 2 BUT now we are on Euro 3 they have to have an SVA to prove that they comply to the new regulations IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!!! If you are unsure please feel free to ring the factory and ask who the OFFICIAL (read UK) importers are but dont be too surprised to find out the truth

But I bet no one believes me as the need to slate/moan MOTO GB etc overrides any rational thinking:doh:

I will say it yet again that we are attempting to set up a brand that riders have confidence in but this will take time and effort not only from us as the importer but yourselves as the owners, imagine you were looking at buying into this bike and stumbled upon here, christ you would not buy bugger all. We do not profess to have it 100% right, far from it , but we are trying yet sometimes we (read me) feels that it is hardly worth it

RANT OVER, DUMMY BACK IN MOUTH:rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
here we go again with everyone casting doubt, as usual, so here is the official and CORRECT information

The 900 Tre is now an old model and as such when manufactured the certificate of conformity was for Euro 2 BUT now we are on Euro 3 they have to have an SVA to prove that they comply to the new regulations IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!!! If you are unsure please feel free to ring the factory and ask who the OFFICIAL (read UK) importers are but dont be too surprised to find out the truth

But I bet no one believes me as the need to slate/moan MOTO GB etc overrides any rational thinking:doh:

I will say it yet again that we are attempting to set up a brand that riders have confidence in but this will take time and effort not only from us as the importer but yourselves as the owners, imagine you were looking at buying into this bike and stumbled upon here, christ you would not buy bugger all. We do not profess to have it 100% right, far from it , but we are trying yet sometimes we (read me) feels that it is hardly worth it

Here, here.. :) And Here ya go.. :rolling:

View attachment 1809

·
nellie hibernation guard
92 Posts
DB,
I checked this forum out before buying and its the existence of a decent owners club (as internet forums used to be called) that gave me confidence to buy.
I also drive a Honda Civic and am a member of the Civinfo forum. Its much the same as far as slagging off the product is concerned. I think its done in the hope that the manufacturers read between the lines and incorporate viable improvements to their products.
Mind you, I haven't collected my Tre-K 1130 yet :confused:
Who knows what I will say then!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
DB,
I checked this forum out before buying and its the existence of a decent owners club (as internet forums used to be called) that gave me confidence to buy.
I also drive a Honda Civic and am a member of the Civinfo forum. Its much the same as far as slagging off the product is concerned. I think its done in the hope that the manufacturers read between the lines and incorporate viable improvements to their products.
Mind you, I haven't collected my Tre-K 1130 yet :confused:
Who knows what I will say then!!
Very good comment, I agree :clap:

I read up on this forum 2 years ago before buying a used Tre. It is essential to go into Italian bike ownership (and especially so of Benelli) with your eyes wide open.
Finding out through this forum about the known faults allows you to make an informed decision as to ownership.
Subsequently owners views may assist to judge who you trust to care for your purchase.

I appreciate that Andy may get frustrated at times, but I do think that he could put his informed views across in a less confrontational way.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I didnt think this thread was taking a pop at MotoGB but maybe I didnt read it the same way as Andy :confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
here here:clap: :D

all bikes and cars have their faults and bad points and by discussing them we can fix the problems and weaknesses , they wont disappear if we ignore them and not talk about the issues with the tornado , it is best to share info and experiences to help future owners of the bike.
i can only express my thanks to other forum members for info and help passed onto myself on this forum which in the long run will leave me with a more reliable and more enjoyable bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I come across as confrontational I can only apologise that is never my intention as I know that the majority of forum members are extemely helpful and amazingly knowledgable BUT just recently I cant help but notice the amount of negativity aimed at the brand through complete LACK of knowledge which anyone knows is soul destroying when you so closely connected to the brand as I am. Passion is a bad thing as I do seem to go on the defensive but without ALL the facts how can anyone start a thread.
I have met a considerable amount of you guys and I believe that they are amongst the most genuine supporters of what is trying to be achieved and I also believe that we are make steps to get it right, although this will be a long and slow process but STEPS are being made.
Apologies for the rant are for you guys but I hope that my point can also be taken, I am only a phone call or PM away and as Glen, Russ and myself are in daily contact any questions can be answered without the need to mis inform.

·
1,231 Posts
What???

You mean to tell me that to post something on the internet it doesn't have to be factual? You are trying to say that things on the internet might not be true?

My world just fell apart...Next thing you try to tell me will be some crap about Michael Jackson dying or some lie like that...

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I just deleted my comment to the importers rant. Not because I'm ashamed of what I thought of everything, just passionate about getting an "alternative" machine.
I'm out of this forum.
You can't post as a simple question about a bike you've just purchased, because you don't know the Benelli brand at all.
Hope you don't get plenty more excited and keen member asking "damaging" questions. God forbid chaps.

This place aint for me.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well I guess the Forum and Benelli ownership isnt for everybody, at least you gave it a try !

I would like to post a positive about the forum, after all it is free and fun (at times) and there's not many things you can that about these days.

This facility is all part of the Benelli ownership experience for me and without it I would know very little about the pluses and minuses of the bike, both essential for self maintenance.
Where else would we be able to get help and advice, not only from MotoGB but from like minded owners around the world with a wealth of knowledge, thanks to all !!!
Its an exclusive brand and exclusive bikes, just the way I like it, the definition of forum is as follows, in case there is any doubt, Steve.:) :) :)

Definition
forum Show phonetics
noun [C]
1 a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:
a forum for debate/discussion

2 in ancient Rome, the area in the middle of the town used for public business

3 a place on the Internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:
Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
well done all..........................:doh: :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I just deleted my comment to the importers rant. Not because I'm ashamed of what I thought of everything, just passionate about getting an "alternative" machine.
I'm out of this forum.
You can't post as a simple question about a bike you've just purchased, because you don't know the Benelli brand at all.
Hope you don't get plenty more excited and keen member asking "damaging" questions. God forbid chaps.

This place aint for me.
WTF?? How the hell did we go from someone posting a perfectly legitimate question to him leaving the forum :confused: :confused: :confused: Don't be so sensitive matey hang around a bit longer you will find its worth it.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This is a *PUBLIC forum*.
Everone has the right to air their views so long as they conform to forum rules ie common decency. It is NOT a manufacturers forum, but Andy or any other of their representatives are welcome to publicise their knowledge re Benelli. Censorship of this forum is not their perogative.

Given the above, I fail to understand any member who would want to quit as a result of this thread??

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Well I for one welcome the fact that the likes of Andy and Russ do visit and post on this forum. I can think of dozens of folk in the trade that would run a mile at posting on bike forums like this one. It all helps to provide a balanced view of things I guess. So come on Stinker, don't go all shy on us, post away matey. :clap:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey, dodgybollox, as you are so rightly concerned about the image of Benelli, ever thought about changing your username?:confused: What sort of image does that create?:rolleyes: Before you go off on an unjustified rant, remember the saying about people in glass houses etc.....
You are talking to Benelli customers here:(

Cheers,
Ian

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hey, dodgybollox, as you are so rightly concerned about the image of Benelli, ever thought about changing your name?:confused: What sort of image does that create?:rolleyes: Before you go off on an unjustified rant, remember the saying about people in glass houses etc.....
You are talking to Benelli customers here:(

Cheers,
Ian
I was thinking that too Ian, so well said, it sets a fine example knowing someone who "alledgedly" represents and defends motogb & the likes, rightly or wrongly, has a forum name of "dodgybollox" and is happy to have a rant at customers !

:mad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 30 Posts