Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing footage like that only raises my admiration for those loonies that compete in this race. I can't even make out where the corners are at and that's just sitting watching it on a monitor :eek: I reckon I'd last about two corners (If I'm lucky) on that course. I think I'll just stick to playing it on the PS2:rolling:

Al:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Seeing footage like that only raises my admiration for those loonies that compete in this race. I can't even make out where the corners are at and that's just sitting watching it on a monitor :eek: I reckon I'd last about two corners (If I'm lucky) on that course.....
Al, just back from the ManxGP practices. That video was from Glen Vine to Ramsey. IIRC Plater averaged 130mph in that race, seriously fast, especially the section through Kirk Michael village!

I still harbour a dream of doing it, but I've probably left it too late :(
Now I would give plenty to achieve a parade lap on closed roads :D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Al, just back from the ManxGP practices. That video was from Glen Vine to Ramsey. IIRC Plater averaged 130mph in that race, seriously fast, especially the section through Kirk Michael village!

I still harbour a dream of doing it, but I've probably left it too late :(
Now I would give plenty to achieve a parade lap on closed roads :D
Going to the IOM is still something that I've yet do do. I had a mate who went there and told me that he was at one of the sections which had a hairpin bend, he said he was filming the bikes coming towards him approaching the hairpin and said that he couldn't believe that they managed to stop in time before slinging it on its side and firing the thing up and out of the corners. He told me it was one of the best things he's ever watched. The night life is meant to be second to none as well:D

Al:)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Awesome video Bob, when I watched the IOM TT this year on ITV, some of the best footage was when they did the slow motion replays, todays cameras are the top "B*llocks !" The way it shows the suspension working is Brilliant ! After seeing those slow motion video's you can see why it's so important to get a good set up on the bikes !

Nice one Bob:bow: , I'm going to watch that a few times !

:clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
F**k me has that film been speeded up :eek:?
Nope, it's about right. The bit in the middle through the streets of Kirk Michael is probably at about 170mph!! ...through a walled corridor :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts