Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hat Hello all, Went to Birmingham NEC to the bike show just recently to see if I could get a number plate bracket to tidy up the rear end on my Tornado. Guess what, no one makes one, actually no one make anything for it!>:

I have seen on the web a bracket being sold in the USA for about £16.00 but can't for the life of me remember where. Is there anyone out there that might guide me in the right direction. (The bracket retained the rear indicators and bolted underneath the tail using the two existing mountings.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmmm, tidy......

Its just a couple of bent bits of thin steel with a hole in fixed between the two plastic mouldings on the bike where there are two black screws. Took 5 minutes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NIcely done

That looks the bollacks!!! Where dod you locate the indicators? Post more pics!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: NIcely done

I don't know if this is any help, but a friend on the <a href="http://www.sv1000.zyns.com" target="_new">SV1000 Website</a> who goes by the nick name of 'NormstheName' has a small engineering business. if there were enough interst and he could get site of a Tornado, I am sure that he might be able to manufacture something, he did wonders when it came to losing the 'Snow shovel' off the back of the SV!

His enginering website is <a href="http://www.hamicad.co.uk/" target="_new">Hamicad</a>. It might be worth a try!

Personally, when you have seen the efforts of the stock rice boilers, I think the stock unit on the Tornado looks sweet! Another reason for buying this bike was because I don't need to spend thousands improving the aesthetics!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: NIcely done

In the above pic you can just make out the indicator bulb at about 10 o'clock on the left fan-- same on t'other side. There is no illumination for the plate-- but the local police have had me a couple of times this summer for spirited riding, but didnt mention the illegality of the rear-- too busy counting the dosh I was handing over I guess.

More pics of the blueness:

I'm just talking to my girlfriend about wot a nightmare owning this bike is, but how I still love it. Great. She hates it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts