Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now a fully paid up member with a red RS tucked up in my garage :clap:

Collected the RS from previous owner up in Lincolnshire.. a very nice chap who was very sorry to see her go. Early start this morning with hire van, new ramp that only just arrived in time yesterday and some straps borrowed from a colleague at work.

Its a 55 reg (2004) red RS... low mileage and as standard apart from some wheel crash protectors and double bubble. All the paperwork, even the original mint brochures.

No doubt my post count will rise fast as sure will be inundating you guys with questions... but thought a quick post tonight was in order to say hi and thanks for all the answers to my "should I buy" posts.

Have uploaded some bigger pics to my Gallery Album but not sure when these get approved, so attached a small one below:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome to the family Dino:bow:

Any questions you may have will be more than welcome here. I'm puting bets on that you'll be out on the bike for less than two days before someone asks you what the fans are for:rolling:

Welcome aboard matey

Al:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Welcome Dino, this is a great forum, anything you need to know about Nellis, someone on here can usually, help.
Its rare to see another in the wild of the UK road network, so keeping in touch with fellow enthusiats is invaluable, yours looks like a good un, Steve.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Happy new bike! ;) looks like a nice example you have there! You're going to have a blast this summer :clap:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome aboard, and the bike does look a beaut...be prepared for many questions whenever you stop:ele: :ele:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Well done Dino

Welcome to the forum and the insanely addictive world of benelli's and congrats on what looks like a stonkin example of an RS :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,417 Posts
welcome to the addictive and crazy world of benelli's:D :clap: :ele: :confused:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Welcome mate from a fellow RS owner, hope you love yours as much as i love mine :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes :clap:
Keep popping into the garage for a look :)
Havent been out on it yet though... other half not too well at the moment so all hands on deck at home looking after the family.

Cant wait!

Aparently had a lot of "recall" work done at Taz whilst still under warranty. Dont have the paperwork for this as was at no cost to previous owner. Might give them a call next week to see if they still have the records of what what done.

·
1,841 Posts
Dino my RS is nearly 3 years old now , but I still have to keep looking at her !
I bought my bike at TAZ, but they were not too hot on the Benelli. You can probably check with Motogb (kjm) to see if things have been replaced. The only big item of concern is if the clutch basket and the alternator shaft and z25 gear that should have been replaced for the current versions (although they were not actual recalls).
Colin....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome, they are a very friendly and helpfull bunch on here.
Keep it wheels down and screen up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ace Cafe

Popped along to Ace Cafe today (in the car though with family).. and counted 7 Tornados :)

Only stayed for a bit and had a quick chat to SeanW.... nice to say hi and see a few more Benellis (Is there a collective term for a gathering of Benellis?)

Lee's Fortuna Tornado looked very nice as did Lloyds(?) LE. RS also nice in yellow (first one I had seen - ColinTornado?).. although still think that the green/silver looks the best... pity they never did the RS in this colour scheme.

Watched the red RS with the remus ride away... sounded good although personally not sure about the look of the stubby now having seen it in the flesh.

The Tornado of course the best looking bikes there :bow:

Took a couple of pics and they are uploaded to my Gallery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts