Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking today to Simon (PONY) who has been on the |Benelli GB club stand talking all things Benelli and he's been promoting Benelli with all his might and has pointed many present owners towards Russ and prospective owners also to russ etc to show how their life could be improved by the ownership of a Benelli old or new . I was due to ride down saturday but events meant i'm now going sunday and simons told me i'm cordially invited to put my bike on the Benelli Stand :ele: :ele: . Anyone calling tomorrow ignore the grinning idiot that will be me :eek: !!! .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
.....I was due to ride down saturday but events meant i'm now going sunday and simons told me i'm cordially invited to put my bike on the Benelli Stand :ele: :ele: . Anyone calling tomorrow ignore the grinning idiot that will be me :eek: !!! .
Some people will do anything to get a free ticket into the Show ;)
:clap:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Some people will do anything to get a free ticket into the Show ;)
:clap:
and ANY excuse to show off his new RS.... :D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was great and that show was enormous !!! there was so much more than i imagined and the special bikes were jaw dropping, bargains everywhere , I managed to convert a great deal of visitors to the stand to look seriously at Benelli and got a great deal of admiring glances for my RS and simons bike in glorious yellow was quite eyecatching.Cant wait to do another having been invited to attend the next.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Angus,

Did you take any photographs of the show and the stand?
If so, can you put them in your gallery or on the thread.. would be good to see them!
Cheers :)

·
Theres always 1.. i'm him
303 Posts
Saw your bike at the show Angus, looked the bizz, in fact all three looked brilliant...:bow: :bow: :bow:
Cant wait to get mine in the new year..and a Remus can too....;)

Rubbish photos guys..crappy phone camera...:bawl:
Sorry Angus..no pix of yours...there were tooo many people around yer bike ..:eek:

·
303 Posts
BTW..who owns the green one.? niiiice can..
Can someone explain the advantages of radial brakes..:confused:

·
5,929 Posts
Only advantage I know about, is that it's easier to change rotor diameters, and that's only useful if your racing. (Just add or remove shims)
Goddard's early race bike didn't have radial brakes, but it did have an unusual bracket that allowed changes to a different rotor diameter.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thnx for your words there !! and the crowd was only because i'd dropped a tenner and it was amazing the help you get when money's on the deck :rolling: . It was a truly amazing show and took me by suprise the effort put into showing bikes on some stands . Simon has downloaded some fine pics he took and i like them except for the ones making me look bloody old :( .

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was showing with the MV club at Goodwood a couple of years ago. We were opening up the Marque first thing and a couple of guys wondered in to have a look round. We didn't take too much notice as we were busy rolling the sides up etc. When they left the one with the limp called over "nice bikes guys". It was the Australian accent that gave it away.....**** Doohan! :doh: I love showing bikes, you get to meet lots of really interesting people :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
BTW..who owns the green one.? niiiice can..
The main reason is you get less flex in the caliper and fork mount so you can get the same braking force with smaller rotors which saves you a few ounces of unsprung weight. But the amount of braking force is the same (you can easily lock the front tire w/ regular brakes).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thats the line the biking press take, but road bikes still have the same size rotors and in the case of MV have bigger discs now radials are fitted.
So I understand the theory but it seems flawed in execution.

·
303 Posts
So, to sum up...they just look cool then......:rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
G

·
Angus,

Did you take any photographs of the show and the stand?
If so, can you put them in your gallery or on the thread.. would be good to see them!
Cheers :)
Hi All

Loads of pic's in my gallery and more going on tonite :clap:

Pony01 gallery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts