Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted what looked like a good tank protector on ebay a couple of weeks ago.

It appeared to be a custom Tre protector (moulded design and a grey carbon fibre effect).

Didn't buy it at the time and now can't see any on ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

Any idea where I can get one ?(or did I dream this?)

·
340 Posts
Laurence was the man to spread this article among us. I have two pieces bought from him that I did not installed (on the track bike it lookes somehow overkill and on the LE I decided not to alter the original look).

I am looking for the price paid plus postage if you need one or even both.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Did I hear someone say 'TANK PROTECTORS'????

This is the item that I arranged for the guys a while back.
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975

I usually keep a few aside for new Tornado owners, so if anybody wants one after Aquilla gets rid of his two, drop me an email [email protected]

PS They are all BLACK not grey, I guess it's just the way the light is being reflected off the carbon surface. Oh, and it's just as well you didn't buy it on ebay, as it went for more than what the original owner paid for it :rolling:

·
1,231 Posts
Tank Protector

I bought one direct from Geelong Carbon Craft for my LE and it is the dogs danglies!!! Fits perfect and looks the heat!

http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/

It was explained to me by the lady that works there that they used to supply Benelli (hence the fit) but no longer do. Also, that is why they don't have the nelli name in the clear on it anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Carbon Tank Pad

I purchased one from the importers via kjm at chorley and it wasnt a 4.99 special but is at least a official benelli part and off the shelf. i have a catalogue of extras that were done for the benelli and the tank pad number is B180298124000 and has Tornado Tre written on it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

That's the one!

Will buy from whoever gives me the best offer. Let me know your price including postage and give me your contact details and I'll be in touch regarding payment.

·
1,231 Posts
Different

Keep in mind that the two are greatly different pieces. The one I got from Gellong CC was actually carbon fiber made to fit the tanks shape exactly. The Benelli one is just soft flexible plastic (the same as you can buy off of any aftermarket vendor) and you can see it in the Benelli parts catalog. Very different animals so of course the plastic one will be cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
No disrespect intended Angus but I bought one of those Benelli Tank Protectors and when I received it I thought that it looked Naff and completely detracted from the bike. Thats why I decided to get some made in carbon fibre as per the type that Johny is referring to.

Do yourself (and your bike) a favor and get one of the real carbon fibre protectors .............and throw that Benelli one in the bin. :D

Drop Aquilla a PM Scotland or send me an email if you are stuck [email protected]

Price details are in my earlier post on this thread.

·
1,231 Posts
piccy if i can

Here is whatthe carbon one from Geelong looks like. keep in mind that the Benelli logo won't be there. As you can see, stunning!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
re carbon look tank protector

Hi no offence taken ,i was in kjm getting a goodwill gesture done on my 03 Tre so sweetened the deal by buying a couple of things whilst their. I agree its not pre shaped which would of been nice but i didnt want to have that section of the tank get scratched (you do stretch over that area more than most bikes i thought). I would look at getting a pre shaped one sometime.thnx.pricewise it was £19.99 for the benelli one and i have seen better flexible ones .

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Johny, they're my pictures, where did you get them from :)

·
1,231 Posts
Lol

I was just meandering around your house and took some pictures while you weren't looking! LOL No, those were the ones you posted when we were doing the group buy.

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Tank Protector

Hehe,

Thanks to our good Johnny O who used to work for the former former Aussie Importer who gave GC the donor tank to make the mould and ordered the first and only batch with the Benelli logo.

I then got GC to make me the next one, by then they said they couldn't do the nelli name/logo as that was reserved for the importer.

I got mine made in Green carbon fibre, now that is the dog's goolies, I will post a pix someday. I also got them to make two more pieces for the tail. One for under the seat as the previous black sticker had cracked and a matching piece to go on the pillion seat in between the 2 black rubber strips.

Laurence is your man for these protectors and other trick bits.

Laurence: where is that motogp exhaust:bawl:

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Ok! hold yer horses

No luck chaps the photos are around 1MB plus each and I keep getting error messages.

So I am going to email them to Laurence, who hopefully may be able to help with this.

Thanks Laurence:clap:

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
I thought I might investigate getting a tank protector from cat land (Geelong) caus they look the biscuit from the shots shown here, however my bike has one of those pretendy carbon fibre stick ons and after reading about Benellis paint peeling problems I am concerned about removing the old one. I know the new one would cover any paint but would rather not damage it. So does anyone know the best way to remove old one.
Shogun

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Green carbon fibre:confused: I need to go touch myself .... that's loverleeeee:rolling:

Al (Not touching himself ..... yet:D )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts