Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gettimg my Benelli Tornado TRE LE (limited edition) set up for sprimg.

I have not yet taken her out on the road but have decided it to sweet a bike not to at least occassonally ride her.

My question is;

How many miles/km can I get out of a full tank of petrol?

I know that there are a lot a variables here (like how fast/slow, hard/easy) that can effect fuel efficiency.

Im just trying to get a rough idea of my range. I know where most fuel stations are in about a 100+ mile range, but gas can be hard to find sometime up in the mountains were I do 90%+ of my riding.

thanks

:bow:

·
5,934 Posts
My standard Tre will do just over 200kms on 18 litres around town, and about the same through the hills. Thirstier if you really sink the boot in.
Whether that helps or not, I have no idea. The Tre doesn't have an O2 sensor, so never runs closed loop. If the LE does have a sensor ( & I reckon I've seen pictures that show that it does), then it should be more economical.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Doug,

I'm generally looking for fuel after about 110/120 miles on my standard TRE.

·
1,231 Posts
Dry Tanks

I have never run my LE tank to the point of being dry. I would imagine that it would be very close to that of the standard with minute differences since there are a few differing components like the dry clutch, etc.

·
903 Posts
Tank range

:p

My Nelli's fuel light came on at 110 miles and I rode fairly hard. I could get another 15 or so before filling, never reached empty so do not know how many miles I would get on reserve.

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doug,

I'm generally looking for fuel after about 110/120 miles on my standard TRE.
This is my general policy also; To basically start looking for a fuel stop as I approach 100 miles on the tripmeter.

Another thing I learned from my dad when I was a kid was to look for gas when the car/trucks fuel tank was half empty.

I honestly dont remember ever running out of gas when on the road. So these guide lines seem to have helped.

:)

P.S. A piece of advice that a friend of mine once gave me regarding riding aggressively and rider safety (he was a very accomplished road racer ).

The advice was when riding aggressively and/or riding on a challenging section of road was to stop and take a short rest every hour or two. His position was not so much to rest the bike or the body but to rest the mind to keep your wits sharp and your attention and concentration sharp and clear. You reaction time deminishes with even the slightest bit of mental fatique.

So stopping for 10-15 minutes on a ride every hour or two is a habit that I have used in the Rocky Mountain canyons that I do most of my riding in. I usually combine this rest stop with a fuel stop (gas for the bike, H2O and a tiny snack for the rider, A quick check of the bike to see all is well, and back to the ride...I call it my pit and piss stop). :rolling:

:bow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts