Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am getting about 70 to 80 miles to the reserve light that eems to be working out roughly to 25-28 mpg (eek hopefully I have made a mistake with my calculation there somewhere, must check a little more thoroughly over the next couple of times I fill it up).

Big question though is what can I expect from the reserve?
Anyone run out of fuel yet and what was the trip reading for it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I havent run out but i wouldnt push it more than 120miles before filling, my low fuel light starts annoying me at about 75 miles with 3 bars showing, another 30miles and no bars showing the price you have to pay for a speed machine (well thats what i keep telling myself)
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that Paul and sorry to hear about your exercise on the M25 could of been a whole lot worse though, 1/2 mile although no walk in the park, beats being further away from either a junction or services.
Have run out of fuel on the motorway as well a good ten years ago and was rescued by a motorcycle alarm fitter who was passing in his van, got me off the motorway but wouldn't take anything for his good deed, would have been a 5 mile walk/push as the first junction was onto another motorway and I wouldn't have wanted to try and clear them pushing a bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel range

Mines a Tre, not a TNT, but the numbers don't sound too different. Normally it's 100 miles to the warning light (comes on with last bar) when riding steadily (commuting etc). It's a bit hard to be definite as the clocks reset so much :D

When hooning it on track it's 55 to 60 miles to the warning light.

Least I've had on "reserve" is 16 miles - it was coughing and spluttering as I pulled into the petrol station.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts