Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has come up a lot in the past so apologies for that, but can anyone tell me where I can source the tank fuel connector removal tool. I have the part no. R180100143000 but can't seem to trace one. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, If you have seen my comments on petrol tank blisters I will be removing my tank in the next couple of days.
The tool your after is in the tool kit that luckily I've just found after my house move.
I'm not sure if you can get it separately but I've read some owners fit a quick release fuel coupling to the fuel line.
Sorry I can't help you further. Cheers Gary.

·
Super Moderator
7,746 Posts
You can remove the tank without the tool but it's much easier if you have an extra pair of hands to hold the tank up to allow you to work underneath. When the tank is lifted you need to compress the two plastic lugs at the same time that protrude out of the fuel line connector with a pair of pliers and at the same time pull down and twist the plastic elbow that is pushed into the bottom of the fuel tank. Be careful tho as you don't want to break off either of the lugs or damage the bottom of the fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts