Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
going to change my plugs soon, so does anyone have a idiot proof step by step guide. or is it straightforward.I have original tool kit
ta .

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hola Bandito ;)

on Errol´s website, you can find a lot of info about our Nellis. For my point of view, it doesn´t matter if you have the original toolkit. A decent choice of quality tools should do the job. For the tank removal, you need some allen keys. I think 4 and 5.

Be careful with the fuel line. It will be disconnected directly at the bottom side of the tank. Actually, you need a special tool for it, which is available at your Nelli dealer. Some of us - include me- made a mod and inserted a quick adapter into the fuel line. In my opinion, the fuel line is a piece of crap and I replaced it completely when I did the quick adapter. makes it easier and it is standard.

Be careful when you lift the tank. For the first time, it should be done by 2 persons, so that you don´t scratch anything (for example the top yoke).

Regards
Dirk

·
Registered
574 Posts
having tried this and failed and then dont it several times the sequence is:

Remove top fairings and screen
Remove lower fairings
Remove fixings fromnt 2 and rear 1 for tank
Get help to lift tank and tilt whilst you get to fuel connection to underside and rotate untill quick attach lies up then pull.

Remove rop of air box
Remove lower airbox 1/2 & clean out all the debris/crap
Fit a drain pipe from the lowest part of the box and sequre so it drains away from the core plugs (standard drains onto No2)

fit new plugs and re-seal core plugs (i used grease not silicone)
re-fit lower 1/2 of air box onto throttle bodies (a bit of silicone lube helps)
throw away the standard air filter and replace it with a DNA filter

build bike back up in reverse of sequence.

When I did it 1st I tried it on my own and didnt remove the fairings - dropped tank on to to fairings (whilst trying to get the fuel line off the tank) cracking them! Needed plastic welding and a re-spray.

Nigel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts