Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my Tornado boil over after I put it back together following some head work (I likely did not bleed the coolant good enough) I have noticed the engine running hotter than normal. When in traffic with ambient at 55F or so the bike sits at 95C with the fans on, which seems fine, but I was surprised how hot the engine was. I measured some spot temps on the cam chain side of the head and the engine interior via the oil filler plug and got ~220F. This seems very hot as the oil is likely hotter. Anyone have any data on this?

From a seat of the pants check, I after a ride in traffic, I cannot touch the clutch cover it is so hot and the steel part of the frame near the headstock is hot to the touch (~120F)

·
Registered
642 Posts
bleed the system again.

Not sure on the tornados, but i had this problem last week on my rs250 having drained fully the coolant and refilled it even bleeding it using the bleeder at the waterpump didnt help.

there was no flow due to an air blockage and one side of engine was getitng hotter, so undid the jubilee at the top hose of the rad and let the air fizzle out till the coolant came out clearly, did her back up and topped up later when cold, runs like a dream and stays at the correct operating temp :clap:

oh and thats in 33c heat :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts