Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the temperature gauge on the Tornado is even vaguely accurate? In the current warm weather (UK 28 deg C) mine runs at around 95 Deg travelling at 50mph or more but if I get any traffic for a few minutes it’s straight up into the end of the red or even off the gauge!!!

Anyone had any gauge experiences?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
temp

do you mean engine water temp or the ambient one, sounds like you just need to do the coolant bleed, I'm in West OZ and have never had a problem in 40 C weather.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: temp gauge faulty?

Bleed the coolant mate.

However, mine doesn't like going slow. Anything above 30 C and the fans barely hold the temperture steady when under 20 kph. Fine above though.

That said, I've heard a story of a Tornado racing with barely half the coolant in it, running very hot, with no problems, then, or later, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Temp

Tornado's are supposed to run at 95, botton of the red zone on the temp gauge.

Make sure you have the correct radiator cap and that the system is bled properly and that there is no coolant in the expansion tank when cold.

With that done, you will not have any problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Temp

Thanks everyone, sounds more like a dodgy sender as it's pretty erratic, ok one day off the dial the next!

By the way it's only done 800 miles so assume the cap's correct but will check.
Why 'no coolant in expansion when cold'? The handbook states "check the level when cold, with bike upright, level between min and max marks"?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yeah my one freaks out too. Sometimes it reads fine ( in the middle of the red and blue) other times it shoots off straight up to the top...above the red!!! Its just a faulty sensor. I recently flushed the anti freeze and replaced the whole lot, bleed the system etc and there's never been any steam/overheating problems.

As long as your bikes got no air locks then I cant see there being a problem

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes there is problems with the temp gage but not all the time
some times it shows wrong temp
you have to turn it off to reset the gage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts